Part 52; Minnie Mouse

Baekhyun gently taps the door.

"Come in." He hears a female voice says.

He peeks in before entering.

A nurse stood by Saet Byul's bedside. Both of their faces lightens up when they see Baekhyun. The nurse smiles, "I'll give you guys some privacy." She gives Baekhyun a smile on her way out.

Baekhyun pulls a chair to Saet Byul's bedside. "Hey, sweetie." He greets her. She pushes the blanket off her and tries to get up. "Be careful. Gently." Baekhyun places his hands around her waist concerned. She ignores him and climbs into his lap to hug him. Her fragile arm wraps around Baekhyun's neck. "How are you sweetie?" He asks with a smile. Saet Byul rests her cheek on his shoulder. She doesn't say anything, silently hugging him. Baekhyun smiles hugging her back. It was the same thing everyday. In the same room, in the same hospital clothes with the same hospital smell. The same time for treatment, the same time to take medication with the same silence of the halls. The same sad smiles from everyone. The same way everyone treated her as if she was made of glass.

"How come you haven't been visiting me?" Her voice soft and sad. He rubs her back smiles, "I wanted to give you time to rest and personal time with your family."

"I rest everyday." She mumbles, her lips in a small pout. He smiles because he knew. He knew she hated being treated as if she would break the next second. He knew she hated all the sympathetic looks and remarks from other because she was label and categorized by her diagnoses. But he also knew that she was strong and stubborn yet soft and smart.

"I check up on you sometimes. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I peek in to see you safe and sound asleep like a baby." Baekhyun tells her. "I'm not a baby." She secretly smiles.

"Yes you are." He playfully pokes her side. A childish laughter escapes her lips. She hides her face with his shoulder. He continues to poke and tickle her until she gives up laughing out loud. He laughs along with her. She sits in his lap facing him. Saet Byul covers her face. She peeks at him through her tiny fingers. "Should we play peek-a-boo?" He teases her and she giggles. "No." She puts down her hand and Baekhyun says, "Boo!" She leans on him laughing.

"I'm okay." She says finally answering his question. He smile down at her, "I hope you feel better." She grins and reaches up to cup his cheeks. Baekhyun gently holds her tiny wrists. "Am I pretty?" He asks her with shut eyes and a gleaming rectangular grin. Saet Byul nods giggling. "Yay!" He cheers excitedly. "You're beautiful also." She blushes shy when he pats her thin hair. She reaches up to touch his soft brown fringes.

Her smile disappears when she touches her own hair. "No..Oppa.." She tiny fingers run through her hair. Strands of hair fell in her small palm. "I'm losing my hair.." She says quietly staring down at it. "I'm losing hair...like my granny."

Baekhyun forces a smile but felt a terrible apologetic feeling. The kind where he want to protect her from all the bad things in life and keep her safe. "Everyone loses hair." He tells her.

"How come...Areum, Hoon oppa, Hyuk oppa, Won, and the other children dosen't lose hair?" She looks up from her hand to him with big eyes. Eyes that held the most precious and purest innocence. Baekhyun continues to smile, "Losing hair here is okay. Other children lose hair too, its not just you. Other children like Areum, Hoon, Hyuk, Won, and other children don't."

Saet Byul glances at her pillow where strands of her hair laid, then back at Baekhyun. "But I don't want to lose my hair.." Her lower lip sticking out in sadness. "I won't be pretty anymore..." Baekhyun pulls her into a hug. "I know..but its an opportunity to grow new and healthy hair- possibly a new hairstyle also!"