Part 47; Strike Four

A tune floats like clouds in hallways of the hospital. From whistling to humming to softly singing, Baekhyun sung to himself.

A loud ringing sound interrupts him. He reached into his pocket for his phone.

Baekhyun suddenly chokes on his own saliva. "Wha-" *cough* "why-" *cough*

He quickly clears his throat. "Why are you calling me?!" He yells to the screen of his phone. It rings again. "Why?! Don't call me you-!"

The caller id read: Chanyeol (-:

"He even added a stupid smiley face?! This-" Baekhyun exclaims at the absurdity.

He clicks answer anyways. He clears his throat before answering. "Hello?" He tried to sound calm and cool.

"H-Hey." Chanyeol replies.

Baekhyun waits. Silence. He closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose. This idiot called and all he's going to say is hey?!

"Yeah..?" Baekhyun tried to hide the annoyance in his voice.

"So um, I can come pick up my m-mom today right?" Chanyeol felt nervous oddly.

Baekhyun spots Changmin and Enuji down the hall. In addition, he just had breakfast with Yoora earlier. He mentally adds up that Chanyeol's call was pointless and he probably just wanted to bother him.

Chanyeol hears Baekhyun laugh from the other end of the line and his heart flutters. "What?" He asks with a grin.

Baekhyun clears his throat again and tries to stop laughing. "Nothing..and yeah, you can come discharge Mrs. Park today.." But he laughs again making Chanyeol bothered and curious.

"What?" Chanyeol asks again with a hint of whiny.

Changmin spots Baekhyun and waves. Baekhyun smiles and waves at him as he slowly walk toward them.

"Are you picking up your mother or Changmin?" Baekhyun suddenly asks.

"Me.....why?"

Baekhyun laughs again,"It seems like Changmin is already here."

Chanyeol's mouth drops feeling like an idiot for calling him.

"Ah...okay...but I'm already here...in the parking lot..." His mutters quietly embarrassed.

Baekhyun smiles,"Okay. I will see you soon then."

Chanyeol's eyes lights up. He wants to see me....!...................?
"Sure. Okay bye."

"Bye." Baekhyun squeaks before ending the call. He lets out a nervous and annoyed sigh. "Please don't ever call me again."

Baekhyun quickly head to Mrs. Park's room for a final check up.

***

Chanyeol knock on the door before entering. He pokes his head in.

"Hi sweetie. You're here too?" Mrs. Park says to him.

Baekhyun turns to look at him and he flushes. "Hi.." He greets them.

"Oh, I should've let you know that I was picking mom up." Changmin said as if it was his fault.

Yeah, right. I told him you were here already. He was just bored and want to make my life extra complicated. Baekhyun mentally says.

"It's okay.. I wanted to come anyways.." Chanyeol replies.

"Alright. I need you to sign a couple of papers and then you can discharge Mrs. Parks." Baekhyun says to Changmin who quickly signs.

Changmin and Eunji helps Mrs. Park dress warmly before getting up...while Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun.