Part 43; Mrs. Park

Baekhyun inhales the rich smell of coffee and exhales satisfied. Chen sat across from him in the cozy cafe. He glances at Jade who sat beside Baekhyun before starting. He waited for Baekhyun to take a few sips of his coffee first.

"So," Chen cautiously starts.

Baekhyun looks up at him with attention.

"How did it go last night...?"

Baekhyun runs his fingers through his hair, "I'm glad I went. I had a great time talking with the boys- and Luhan! I really enjoyed catching up with him."

Chen smiles, "That's good.."

"Luhan?" Jade asks surprised. "How is he?"

Baekhyun smiles, "Yeah. He still very tall and..handsome."

"Aw," Jade says with a cheeky smile. "I bet he is."

Chen glances at her. He then turns to Baekhyun again with a curious smile. Baekhyun looks at him and pauses. There was something Chen wanted to say but he wasn't saying.

"What?" Baekhyun asks with a shy smile confused.

"How...was yesterday..?" Chen repeats again slowly.

Baekhyun's lips parts slightly confused before it clicked. He laughs at Chen, "It was okay."

"It was okay?" Chen repeats after him.

He didn't want Chen to think that it was still a big deal. "Yeah, he and his girlfriend just came and said hi."

Chen exhales relief, "So it wasn't..-?"

Baekhyun shrugs, "I don't know. It is what it is."

"Who..are we talking about?" Jade asks confused.

Chen glances at Baekhyun first.

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun says bravely. "We- I met him yesterday also..."

It wasn't wasn't a big of a deal as Chen made it sound.

Jade's mouth dropped but she recovers. "Really? What'd you guys talk about.?" She asks curious. "How does he even look now? He has a girlfriends?"

"Yeah, he does. We just greeted each other before I was called to the hospital. And uh..I think he got taller. He looks the same..?" Baekhyun says casually.

"Okay." Jade replies surprised.

"Good." Chen says with a smile.

Baekhyun slightly furrows his eyebrows confused, "It's really not that big of a deal."

"I know.." Chen says still smiling mysteriously.

"Okay.." Baekhyun says before sipping his coffee.

"How bout you?" Jade asks Chen.

"It was great seeing the boys again." Chen turns to Baekhyun. "Stupid Kris did get taller." He began talking to Baekhyun only.

Baekhyun laughs at Chen's comment, "I know! And I can't believe they're all grown working adults now."

Chen laughs,"Adults." Baekhyun laughs with him.

Chen sips his coffee, "So that's really all?"

Baekhyun puts down his coffee laughing at Chen's absurdity, "What do you want me to say?"

He knew Chen wasn't going to let him off until he gave him a satisfying answer.

"His girlfriend- Jessie..? She walked toward me introducing herself and him. She said something about his high school friends mentioning me...or something. And we kind of chatted..? before Min and I had to leave."