Part 60; Long Nights

"I'll call you later." Luhan leans in to kiss Baekhyun's cheek. Baekhyun gives small smile. After a swift hug, he turns to leave. Baekhyun forces a smile watching Luhan wave before getting into his car and driving off. With his arms crossed he lets out a sigh. His head falling back to rest on the wall.

"Finally!" A voice boomed. Baekhyun jumps surprised with wide eyes. Chanyeol huffs ruffling his hair. "I though he would never leave." Chanyeol says rolling his eyes. Baekhyun looks at him annoyed. He turns to open the front door. Chanyeol's arm immediately extends to block his path. "Ah just this once. Listen to me." He begs.

"Look whose begging." Baekhyun mutters rolling his eyes. Chanyeol couldn't help but chuckle and smirk at him. Baekhyun glares at him and threatens to kick him in the shins. "Ah!" Chanyeol quickly steps back out of Baekhyun's way. He quickly enters Min's house. Like an excited beagle, Chanyeol follows behind him pestering him with endless questions. "Why are you always at Min's house? Why does he have your clothes- your boxers? What brand do you wear? Isn't Minah annoyed that you're always over? Why do you only eat cereal? Should I go buy you groceries? Why are you so smart? Do you li-"

"WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING?" Baekhyun snaps at him. "I can't even think to myself. If you can't tell, I'm still very angry at you. I don't want to see, hear, or acknowledge your existence. So if you will, leave me alone!"

Chanyeol's big curious eyes now soft and apologetic. "Sorry.."

"Sorry isn't gonna solve anything- look at you!" Baekhyun gestures at him angrily. "You're acting all cu- like that as if its my fault! Like I should feel bad when it is you who stepped out of line! You're so manipulative and you act like you don't know it. Chanyeol please, lets stop all of this."

Chanyeol stares at him wordless unsure of how to reply. "...I can't..I can't control who I love..I can't control..my heart..as cheesy as it sounds.."

"Are you even sincere?! You don't love me. You just love to toy with me. You just hate to see other men around me! You just want my attention! You're so jealous and possessive for absolutely no reason! Because the moment I give you my full attention and lo- I'm trying to understand you and you! You turn away once you've had your fun. I can't keep wasting my time. I can't be your source of entertainment." Baekhyun looks him dead in the eyes.

"I.." Chanyeol stares at the ground. "I'm serious this time.."

"This time? Do you even hear yourself? Do you know how many chances I've given you? I'm tired Chanyeol. I'm so tired mentally, emotionally, and physically. This is all so toxic and draining the energy and life out of me. I don't have time for this. I don't have time to entertain you." Baekhyun crosses his arms standing his ground.

Chanyeol's face was now dark with furrowed eyebrows.

"Look, you have a beautiful girlfriend. This is not right for her. Please just focus on her and love her. We can still be friends but that's it. No more crossing the lines-"

Chanyeol angrily turns away without a word with swift strides toward the door.

Baekhyun sighs exhausted. He does this every single time. His response is to leave and never listen. "Please! If you could just listen-"

Chanyeol storms out the door. Baekhyun face flushes. He shrinks down to hug his knees overwhelmed with tears. "Please just listen..I'm so afraid to hurt you..I'm sorry." He buries his tears into his knees knowing he did nothing wrong. Why are we always fighting?

And like that Chanyeol disappeared from his life. Yoora drove herself home from work. No one bothered him when he left work. No one called and texted him endlessly. Nor did Chanyeol appeared at hang outs with their group of friends. Baekhyun stopped texting and picking up Luhan's calls after their fight as well. It ended with...