We were silent with a suffocating tension in the air as I drove.

"This is not the way to my condo," she said when she realized I wasn't taking her home.

I shrugged.

"Where are we going?"

"Just shut up," I said coldly.

I knew she wanted to protest but decided it was too much hassle and sat back again.

I brought her to my condo. She didn't say a word until we were inside my unit.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Wash up and sleep, Jia. When you wake up, we'll settle this once and for all."

Jia shrugged indifferently. That still hurt like usual.

She did not say a word and she actually did what I told her to do. She must be fucking tired to not fight me.

In any case, when I was sure she was asleep, I set my plan in motion. I went out to get everything that I need. By the time she woke up, it was almost dark and I had already bought everything necessary. I even finished cooking already.

We had dinner first. I did not answer any of her questions until after.

"Playtime's over, Bei. If you're not going to tell me what's going on then I'm going," Jia said.

I went to the fridge and took out two bottles of her favorite alcoholic drink.

"If you want alcohol, then drink here with me."

I opened the bottles and gave her one.

She only looked at me curiously but took the bottle and downed it to half.

"What are you trying to do, Bei? Akala ko ba sawa ka na?"

"Sawa na nga ako. I'm tired of seeing you destroy yourself and all my effort of saving you go to waste. If you don't want to be saved then so be it," I growled. "But from now now, you'll destroy yourself with me. If you want alcohol, i'll be your drinking buddy."

She already finished her bottle and reached for mine. I let her take it. She was observing me.

I went to a drawer and took what I bought earlier before throwing it on the table in front of her. Her eyes grew wide and she turned sharply to me.

"If you want drugs, then let's get high. From now on, sakin ka sasama, Jia," I said firmly.

She squinted as if thinking really hard before downing her second bottle. I took more from the fridge because she asked for more.

I sat in front of her and downed my own bottle. She did the same.

"And what about sex, Bea?" Jia challenged. "What if I want sex?"

I kept my face straight even though my heart was pounding. I couldn't let Jia see my hesitation. This was not how I imagined Jia and I would be.

I took another gulp of beer before looking her straight in the eyes.

"Then, I'll make love to you, Jia. Like I said, ako ang magiging kasama mo in everything."

Jia was surprised but smirked as if not believing what I said. She shrugged and continued drinking.

I did not bother continuing that conversation.

When we were pretty drunk, with shaking hands, I reached for the drugs. I don't do drugs. I never even wanted to try. As an athlete, this was taboo.