Chapter 6 || "Just Like Old Times"

I look at Xavier in surprise, my jaw dropped a little. I quickly close my mouth and clear my throat, fixing my position of Xavier's lap so that I'm turned away from Shawn.

"Oh." I say. "Babe, are you sure you're okay? You look bruised and your lip's swelling."

"It's fine, I'll just ignore it until we leave. I don't want you to have to end your night early because of me." Xavier says.

"Don't be ridiculous. You would've never gotten hurt if I wasn't being an idiot and decided to respond to that guy who was clearly drunk off his ass." I say, gently touching his lip. Xavier's face scrunches up at the touch, clearly in discomfort.

"Stop blaming yourself. You did nothing wrong." he says. I nod, sitting there and staring at his lip. The longer I stare, the more painful it looks until I can't bare the sight of it anymore.

"You have to go and put ice on that before it swells up." I say, shaking my head. I stand up, reaching my hand out to help him up. "We can go back to your dorm."

"I don't want you to have to leave early." he frowns, and I roll my eyes.

"Xav, your injury is more important than some stupid frat party they probably have every weekend." I say. "There'll be other parties."

"Shawn, if Helaina stays, can you keep an eye out on her for me?" Xavier asks, completely ignoring what I've said so far. I look over at Shawn, not even realizing he's still here.

"No thanks, but I don't need Shawn to babysit me." I say, more to Shawn than to Xavier. I turn back to Xavier and say, "I said I'd go back to your dorm with you. We can put ice on your bruises and lip, watch Netflix..."

"I'll watch her." Shawn says quickly, not giving Xavier the chance to reply. I shoot him a look, and he ignores it, instead looking at Xavier. "I don't mind. It'll be just like old times."

Just like old times. The old times of us hooking up at every single party we went to. I like it in the present- I don't want to relive the old times with Shawn.

Right?

"You're fine with that, right babe?" Xavier asks me. "I just don't want your entire night to be ruined because of me. Julia will hate me even more."

"Fine, if you insist. But if you get bored, text me and I'll leave immediately to go back to your dorm." I say, and he nods.

"I will."

Xavier leans down and I go up on my tip-toes, pressing my lips to his. As I kiss him back, I accidentally bite down on the cut on his lip, and he groans. He pulls back, and I frown.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry." I apologize, and he shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it. I should probably go now before this gets any worse." he says, and I nod.

"Bye Xav, love you." I say.

"Love you."

Xavier walks down the steps and down the path, and I watch until he disappears from sight and into the dark of the night. I stand there for a moment, when Shawn clears his throat from behind me, reminding me that I'm stuck here with him.

"Why did you have to get involved?" I ask, turning around to face him.

"You're seriously mad at me for defending you after some drunk guy called you a slut and a whore?" Shawn asks, and I shake my head.

"No, not that. I was perfectly fine with going back with Xavier to his dorm, but you just had to get involved!" I scream.

"Then why didn't you?" he asks simply. I blink.