Chapter 30 || "Cold Or Just Excited To See Me"

I whip my head back around, knowing my face is probably bright red now. I look at Julia and rapidly shake my head.

"No, that's what we're not gonna do." I say, panicked.

"Why not? You're so sure you're right, and I'm so sure I'm right, so let's just end it now and find out the truth." Julia says. She stands up and says, "Alex! Come here."

"Julia! Stop!" I hiss, grabbing her arm and pulling her down.

"What's the big deal? You said so yourself that you don't think she likes you." she says, pushing her hair off her shoulders.

"Yeah, but what if I'm wrong?" I ask, and Julia just smiles smugly at me.

"Oh, so you're admiting you're not right?" she asks, and I nod.

"Possibly! Julia, please just make her go away." I say, but it's already too late. Alex is right next to us, and sits down at the seat in between us.

"Yeah?" she asks, refusing to look at me.

"Do you like Helaina?" Julia blurts out, and my jaw drops. I can't believe she just said that.

"What?" Alex asks, laughing. Oh great, now she's laughing.

"Julia is the one who thinks you like me. for the record." I interject. Alex looks at me, her tongue coming out of her mouth to wet her lips.

"Ah." she says, not meeting my eyes. Instead, her eyes rest somewhere else. I feel like she's staring at my chest, but I push the paranoid thoughts away. No, she's just staring at the table. Yeah, that's it.

"So do you?" Julia asks, and Alex looks back at her.

"So basically you're asking me if I'm a lesbian?" Alex says, and Julia nods.

"Yup, pretty much. That's implied in the question. Straight girls don't have crushes on other girls." Julia says, and Alex looks over at me.

"Don't worry Helaina, I'm not lesbian." she says, standing up. She shoots me a smile before walking away and heading to get in line.

"That was so fucking embarrassing, Julia." I say, putting my head in my hands.

"She never even answered my question." Julia pouts, and I roll my eyes.

"No offense, but you're unbelievable. What kind of person just asks someone their sexuality like that? You barely even know her!" I yell.

"Oh come on Helaina, Alex is chill. She doesn't care." she says. "Anyway, I still think she likes you; she never said no."

"She never said yes."

Julia and I stare at each other, and I shake my head and stand up.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here." I say, putting my bag over my shoulder and heading for the door. I hear Julia push her chair back and begin to chase after me.

"Helaina, wait!" she yells, but I ignore her. I step outside and pull my phone, going to text Shawn.

H: you free?

S: I thought you were with Julia

H: i was, and then she pissed me off so i left

H: so is that a yes or

S: yeah I'm free

H: meet me at my dorm

S: I'll be there in 20

-
-
-

Fifteen minutes later, I go through my closet, searching for something to wear. I pull out a pair of high waisted mom jeans and put them on, stepping out of Julia's jeans and stepping into the jeans. I decide to leave Shawn's shirt on, liking the idea of knowing I'm wearing something that's his. I reach under my shirt and take off Julia's bralette, tossing it on the ground with her jeans. I'll give them back to her whenever she stops annoying me.