Chapter 68 || "Let's Get High"

J: Wanna hang out?

I take my earphones out of my ear, pressing on the notification. My phone brings me to my message thread with Julia and I immediately text back.

H: yeah sure, my family just left like an hour ago to head back home so i'm free.

H: where though

J: You can come to my room if you want

J: Don't worry, Alex isn't here

H: okay, i'll be over in a minute

"I'm leaving." I say, glancing over at Ben and Kennedy. They're laying on her bed, Kennedy's head resting in Ben's lap as they both go on their phones.

"Bye." Ben says, acknowledging me. Kennedy just nods her head slightly, which doesn't seem like much but is more than she usually does. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and instead stand up, grabbing my charger and purse. I check to make sure my keys are in there before sliding my Toms on and heading out of the room.

I head down the hall, passing a few doors, before stopping at Julia's. I knock once and the door flies open. I expect to see Julia, but instead Caleb is standing there.

"Oh. Hey, Caleb." I say, taken aback by his presence.

"Hey Helaina."

"You can come in." I hear Julia call. Caleb turns around and heads back into the room. I follow after him, and when he sits down on Julia's back, I awkwardly look around before sitting down on Alex's bed.

I'm sure she'd really love it if she knew I was sitting on her bed right now.

"Aw babe, I have to go." Caleb says after a minute of silence. Julia looks up from her phone, putting it down.

"Why?"

"I got called into work suddenly." he says, standing up. Julia frowns, sitting up straight.

"Text me." she says, and he nods.

"Bye." He looks at both of us. I just nod, watching as he leaves. The second the door shuts, I look over at Julia.

"Why didn't you tell me Caleb was here?" I ask.

She shrugs.

"I don't know, it didn't seem important."

"Yeah but it's Caleb." I say, causing Julia to raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's Caleb, as in my boyfriend." She crosses her arms in front of her chest. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I thought you knew he made me uncomfortable."

"Since when?"

"Since I found out from Sebastian that he's a drug dealer."

Julia rolls her eyes.

"Oh please." she scoffs. "It's Caleb. He's a college frat boy who sells weed to make extra money to help pay his tuition. Yeah Helaina, he's so scary."

"He sells other stuff, too." I remind her. "You told me so."

"Yeah, pills. You act like he's dealing heroin or crack." she rolls her eyes. "Pills and weed aren't that bad."

"They're gateway drugs." I snap, which makes Julia burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Are you shitting me right now? You were just high like a few weeks ago at the party! You were high on Caleb's weed!" Julia exclaims.

"I don't see your point." I say, but I really do; I just don't want to admit it. "There's a big difference between me getting high at a party for fun and being a drug dealer."