Chapter 58 || "Not A Threat"

"Uh, not really." I say, laughing nervously. I settle back into Shawn, making sure that Kyle watches as Shawn kisses my neck. It doesn't seem to phase him, because he just resumes talking.

"Why not? Don't worry, I don't bite, unless you're into that." Kyle smirks. I frown, completely appalled at the fact that he's blatantly flirting with me right in front of Shawn.

"Yeah, because I was so worried about you biting me." I reply sarcastically. "Are we going to play a game or do something like we normally do?" I ask the group, trying to get Kyle to stop talking to me. Sebastian and I's eyes meet, my chest tightening. Sebastian looks at me, but unsurprisingly, he doesn't respond. Instead, he maintains eye contact with me while taking a swig out of his cup.

"I'm going to sit on the couch." I tell Shawn, who nods. I roll off of him and land on the ground, now sitting in between him and Julia. The space away from Kyle relives me, and I feel like I can breathe a little again.

"Helaina, you're so pretty." Julia perks up, looking at me. She grabs my hair and slowly pets it, staring at my face as if she's studying me.

"Thanks Jules." I laugh.

"You know, if I liked girls, I definitely would've dated you. Like, you're so nice and you're so pretty." she says, and tears start to build up in her eyes. "Helaina, you're so nice. I love you!"

Julia throws her arms around me, hugging me tightly as she starts crying. I rub her back, letting her cry until she starts to calm down. Once she does, I gently push her off and hold her by her shoulders.

"Julia, are you okay? Do you want to go home? You're really drunk." I say.

"No I'm not." she hiccups. I shake my head.

"Shawn, I'm going to bring Julia up to your room to sleep. Can I have the key?" I ask, and he hands it to me.

"Is she going to be out of it later for us?"he asks, and I glare at him.

"I think Julia's drunkenness is more important at the moment." I snap, standing up. I grab her arm, trying to help her up, but she's too heavy for me. "Shawn, can you help me?"

"I'll help you." Kyle offers, standing up.

"No!" I scream, both a little too quickly and a little too loudly. The people around us look at me, and I blush. "Shawn, why can't you just help me?"

"Baby, if Kyle wants to do help, then let him." Shawn says, and I suddenly begin to remember why I hate being around Shawn when he's drunk: he gets super annoying.

"Shawn." I whine, jutting my bottom lip out. "Please."

I know I'm being annoying, but I can't shake the feeling that if I'm left alone with Kyle, something bad is going to happen.

"For fuck's sake, Helaina." Shawn curses, but still, he stands up.

Together, Shawn and I lift Julia up off of the couch and help her walk through the frat house. We head upstairs, which is arguably the most challenging part of moving her. Shawn curses under his breath as we carry her, and I'm surprised that he's having such difficulty. I'm assuming the alcohol in his system must have had an affect on him, because normally, he could pick Julia up and carry her with one arm.

"Remind me why we can't leave her in Caleb's room?" Shawn says, holding onto Julia as I unlock the door to Shawn's room.

"Because she's my friend and I want to make sure she's safe." I say, pushing the door open.

"And why wouldn't she be safe in Caleb's room?" he asks, carrying her over to her bed.

"I don't trust him." I admit. Sure, Caleb is definitely high as a kite right now, but the fact that he didn't seem at all concerned that his girlfriend is blackout-drunk right now raises all kinds of red flags.