Chapter 2 || "Officially Lost Your Mind"

AN: this is kind of how I imagine Xavier to look, but like almost like if you crossed this guy with Logic. if you took Logic's hair patten and put it on this guy's hair & then the glasses and yeah. idk, if i change my mind i'll keep you guys updated

Xavier kisses me back, and I feel him smile into the kiss. I pull away after a few seconds, uncomfortable with PDA, especially since Julia is right there. When I pull back, Xavier wraps his arm around me and pulls me to his side. He waves to Julia, who's just standing there eyeing us. She has no expression on her face.

"Hi Julia." he says, smiling at her. She gives him a small, obviously fake smile.

"Hi." she says curtly, still staring at him. I glance up at Xavier, seeing he's obviously uncomfortable with her glare. He shifts from foot to foot and loosens his grip on me, patting me gently on the back before pushing me slightly away.

"How did you know we were here, Xav?" I ask, turning around to face him. I grab his hand and hold onto it, not caring that Julia's right there. She needs to accept my relationship with Xavier and move on.

"Call it boyfriends intuition, I guess." he says, smiling at me. I smile back, going up on my tip-toe to kiss him.

"Call it he randomly came to Starbucks and we just so happened to be here." Julia interrupts as we kiss. I frown and pull away, glaring at her.

"You know what, I'm suddenly not thirsty." I say, shooting Julia a look. "Why don't you take me to your room and show me it, Xav?"

"Yeah, sure." he says. "Bye Julia."

"Bye Helaina." Julia says, blatantly ignoring him.

I roll my eyes and tighten my grip on Xavier's hand, taking his arm and putting it around me. His fingers rest against my hips, tapping my body as we walk.

"Why does Julia hate me so much?" he blurts out, and I can hear the hurt in his voice. I sigh.

"I know this probably isn't the reason you want to hear, but it's the truth." I begin. "Honestly, she's mad that I broke up with my ex and that I started dating you."

"Your ex? You mean Shawn?" he asks, and at the mention of Shawn's name, my heart twists. Even after being broke up for over a year, it still hurts to hear his name; it still hurts to even think about him.

But I would never tell Xavier that.

"Yeah, Shawn. Shawn Mendes. We had history and english with him senior year." I say. And I had gym with him. And two of my electives. I mentally add.

"Yeah, I know him. We used to be friends, actually." he reveals, and I'm not surprised.

"Of course you were. Who wasn't Shawn friends with?" I ask, more to myself than to him.

"He did have a lot of friends." Xavier agrees.

"Anyway, back to Julia. She thinks I made a rash decision and that I shouldn't have broken up with Shawn for defending me." I explain, beginning to think back to the fight Julia and I had when she first found out I broke up with Shawn.

I sit with just Julia at lunch, everyone else having found somewhere else to sit. Even Mason, Ethan, and Charlotte, who are all impartial to Friday night's events, find somewhere else to sit. They don't want to get involved in something that had nothing to do with them, and honestly? I don't blame them.

"I broke up with Shawn." I blurt out, picking at the sandwich in front of me. Any appetite I had when I woke up this morning is completely gone now.