Chapter 55 || "Trust Myself"

AN: picture is what helaina wears

When I wake up the next morning, Kennedy still isn't back.

I roll over from my side to my back, feeling Shawn shift next to me. He adjusts himself and wraps his arms around me, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. Instinctively, I squirm away and yelp. I sit up, looking at Shawn. He rubs his eyes and looks at me, a lazy smile on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" he laughs, his voice low and raspy, his laugh rumbling.

"Sorry, I hate when people touch my neck without warning." I say.

"You didn't seem to mind last night." Shawn says, sitting up and lightly wrapping his hand around my neck. "We never did that before."

"I said without warning, asshole." I repeat, pulling his hand away. I stand up and head to the closet, not wanting him to see how red my cheeks have turned.

I mean, I can't believe I let Shawn choke me last night and that I was actually into it.

"What time is it?" he asks.

"I don't know, check your phone." I say, pulling open the closet. I grab a jean jacket, black jeans, and a long-sleeved gray shirt. It's starting to get colder out as Fall approaches, and my simple t-shirt sleeves aren't going to cut it anymore.

"Shit, I only have thirty minutes until my first class. We should've set an alarm." Shawn curses, jumping out of bed.

I close the door and set my clothes down on my bed.

"You should've set an alarm." I correct him. "I only have two classes on Friday's, and the first one doesn't start for another hour."

"Lucky you." he says sarcastically. I smirk back at him and lift my t-shirt over my head. I drop it in the hamper and head back over to my closet to grab a bra. "Actually, lucky me is right."

I roll my eyes, grabbing a bra and underwear, putting them on. I head back over to my bed and grab the shirt, pulling it on over my head. I look at Shawn, who's still just standing there watching me.

"Are you going to get ready for class or are you just going to continue to stand here and ogle at me?" I ask. I pull my pajamas pants down, leaving my bottom half in just underwear.

"I don't know, my view right now is pretty great." he teases, licking his lips.

"You're so annoying." I complain.

"Yeah, that's exactly why you were yelling my name all last night." Shawn says lowly, making his way back over to me. His eyes now dark, he takes my chin and points it up so that I'm staring at him. "Weren't you?"

"I have no memory of what you're talking about." I lie. Shawn just chuckles, the sound of his laugh making my insides stir.

"Maybe this will jog your memory." he says, and leans in to kiss me.

AN: warning it briefly gets slightly smutty

His right hand travels down my body, his other hand gathering my hair into his first and holding onto it. His right hand cups my butt, squeezing it, before traveling around my leg to the front of my thigh. He begins kissing my neck so gently that it makes my knees weak, ready to give out at any second.

"Is this helping?" he whispers, gently rubbing the outer of my thigh. My breath is too shaky to respond, so instead I opt for a simple head shake. "Hmm. Maybe this will."

Kissing my neck again, he pulls away and looks me in the eye as his hand leaves my thigh and goes inwards, then up. He reaches my underwear, and with one finger, touches me. I jump, a sharp inhale leaving my mouth. Shawn just continues to look in my eyes, his screaming with lust and desire.