Figuring Out My Problems For My Pups

"I've been feeling a bit strange," I confessed as I hung my head, feeling embarrassed.

"Strange how," asked the Professor keenly. He seemed very eager to help me and I was very thankful.

"Strange how I kept turning around and expecting to see Mirage flying at me, ready to try and kill me. I also keep seeing the grizzly attacking Poultice. I also see Dagger being killed by Tony again and again," I confessed as I hung my head, feeling shameful.

The Professor nodded in understanding. "I think every mutant has felt this way at one time or another. It's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD."

I shuffled my paws. "So there isn't anything wrong with me," I asked hopefully. I looked at my underbelly. "At least nothing that can be passed to them."

"Of course not," assured the Professor as he wheeled forward and stroked me between the ears. "Almost all mutants and even humans experience anxiety, depression, and other things like that. It's just the way your mind responds to stress."

I blinked my eyes. "I want to be the best mother I can be. It's no longer about me anymore and I want to make sure I'm prepared and mentally ready," I murmured as I licked my underbelly and felt my pups inside me and I felt a new affection spread through me.

"Of course you will be. However if you'd like I could try and help you with some of things you are feeling," offered the Professor before he looked to Logan. "Both of you."

I knew the Professor was talking about Jean to Logan. I doubt that he was going to take the Professor up on his offer but I knew I would. I wasn't about to decline since I knew that I needed help before I would bring pups into this world.

"Thank you Charles," I murmured with a respectful dip of my head.

"So do you have any names picked out," asked Logan as he looked at me with a proud smile.

"I don't know," I confessed as I shifted a bit to make myself more comfortable. "I wanted to name a pup after my mother so I'd like to name one Avery."

I saw the Professor's eyes light a bit and I was wondering if he was about to cry. I knew that my mother had been the Professor's companion a long time ago but I didn't know how close they were. I wasn't about to ask either.

"I'd really appreciate that," confessed the Professor as he blinked his eyes a bit.

I dipped my head before I pressed a paw to my underbelly. "I know that I'm not a perfect she-wolf but I hope to be a great mother but I would like some help." I looked up. "Will you help me raise them?"

"Of course," Logan growled as he ruffled the fur between my ears. "That is if you trust them with me."

I bit my lip. "I may need to rethink this," I teased before he pushed me a bit but not too hard since I was expecting.

"I will as well," murmured the Professor as he blinked his eyes. "I do have to warn you that a battle is coming and we will have to fight and if your pups are ready they will have to fight as well."

I was afraid he was going to say something like that and I shivered. "Yeah I know. But know I will fight to my last breath to keep these pups alive." Even though they weren't born yet I still had massive affection for them. "They are my family and there is nothing I would not do for my family."