I Can't Fight Him

I stood stiff with round eyes and I wasn't even listening to what Stryker was saying to Logan. I knew it wasn't good but there was nothing I could do about it. I shuffled my paws and I fought back tears of agony. If I fought Mirage then I would surely kill him.

Once I finally managed to look up at the lady I saw her grow very thin Adamantium fingernails. I gulped and shuffled backwards a bit, my wings tensed.

Logan stepped in front of me and extended his claws. "Your fight is with me not her."

Stryker shook his head. "Oh no. You're fight is with her." He pointed toward the lady before she shot forward.

Logan met her head on and they jabbed at each other with their Adamantium claws. I had my own issues to worry about. Mirage took a step forward. He looked like he was being controlled and that was even worse. I didn't want to hurt him but I couldn't just let him try to kill me. I knew he couldn't but that didn't mean I was going to give him an opportunity to.

"Mirage please," I begged as he stalked forward. He shook his head a bit but he was still in his haze. He snarled and bared his teeth. He was a much larger threat than Poultice because of his size and with his illusions he was a formidable opponent. 'I don't wand to hurt you."

He suddenly surged forward and shot out a paw toward me. I dodged it but it was just enough to graze my fur. It didn't slice through the skin, just ruffled the fur. "Don't make me do this," I pleaded as I extended my claws and showed them to him.

It didn't seem to effect him. He launched himself forward and snarled. I leaped back and jabbed a paw toward the side of his flank. Blood splattered on the ground and Mirage wailed in agony. He then shook his head and leaped for my throat. I leaped aside by he managed to sink his fangs into my shoulder. I yelped and sunk my teeth into his scruff, throwing him aside.

He landed harshly on the ground but he rushed right back to his paws. He lashed his tail tip and surged forward again. He suddenly lifted his paws and I saw numerous versions of him all over the room. I couldn't tell which one was actually him. I tried to see which one was truly him but I couldn't. They all looked the same.

I saw only one option. I surged for almost all of them. I threw my weight around and tried to make the ones that weren't the actually Mirage disappear. Whatever was controlling him was making his powers stronger though since as soon as I figured out that one wasn't Mirage two more would appear and I would be even more flustered.

I suddenly felt a sharp bite on my haunch. I turned and saw the real Mirage sinking his fangs and claws into my haunch. I bucked madly and turned. I sunk my teeth into his scruff and threw him harshly against the ground. The rest of the Mirages disappeared and I was left to face just the original.

Mirage spat my blood onto the ground. I healed but I noticed that more blood was flowing from his flank wound. "I don't want to do this to you Mirage," I reasoned as I lowered my head into my shoulders as I pounded my paws against the ground. "You have a brother who is looking for you. Mirage listen to me!"

He seemed too far gone. He leaped forward and snapped his claws dangerously close to my neck. I leaped back and thrust my head against his shoulder. He fell sideways but composed himself and leaped again. He landed on my back and sunk his claws into my shoulder. I snarled in pain. Just because I could heal doesn't mean I can't feel pain.

I reared on my hind legs and took in a breath before I fell backwards. Mirage was under me and let out a squeak as his body was crushed by mine. I then leaped to my paws and sunk my claws into his shoulder. I didn't want injure him majorly but he was strong and he could easily throw me off if I didn't use my claws.

He thrashed around madly and I tried to get him to look into my eyes. "Mirage! Mirage!" He turned to look at me and I felt horror seem to claw at my stomach. He was gone, or at least the Mirage I knew. His eyes were clouded and he didn't recognize me.

"What did he do to you," I asked in horror as he continued thrashing and snarling. He lurched forward a bit, trying to bite my muzzle. I drew back just in time and his fangs snapped onto thin air. I let out a breath of relief and lashed my tail.

Mirage let out what seemed to be half snarl, half hiss. It was a strange sound that sounded almost rabid. As I held him down I heard a cry. I looked up but it was too late.

Logan's foot collided with my face as he was thrown backwards by the lady into a wall. I fell against the ground and my head began to pound. I sat up and placed a paw over my head to try and stop the pounding but it wasn't working. I closed my eyes tightly and whimpered to myself.

Mirage took the opportunity and surged forward. Blood dripped from his wounds but that didn't slow him down. He leaped into the air and extended his claws, ready to dig them into my throat and sever my head from my body, one of the only effective ways to make sure I truly died and didn't come back.

It was a reflex. I lifted my claws, ready to protect my throat. I felt a rush of air and then nothing. I opened my eyes and saw Mirage in the air. I looked down and realized that my claws had pierced right through his stomach and chest. Blood oozed onto my claws and when I looked up I saw the remaining light in Mirage's eyes disappearing.

"Mirage," I rasped as my throat closed in grief. He looked at me and tilted his head before he opened his mouth. Blood bubbled up and my heart seemed to skip a beat. This couldn't be happening!

Mirage stretched out a paw and rested on mine as if reassuring me that everything was alright. He blinked his eyes before they widened and his head fell to the side. He let out one final breath and his body went limp. I whimpered and retracted my claws. He fell to the ground and I looked down on him in utter shock.

I leaped to the ground and stalked toward him. I lowered down beside him and rested my head on his bloody chest. I licked his cheek before I lifted a paw and closed his eyes so he looked more peaceful. However it was hard to look peaceful when you have claw wounds all through you and when they were oozing blood!

"What have I done," I cried as a single tear streamed down my face. It landed on Mirage's wound and my throat seemed to close.

Once single question suddenly flooded my mind. How am I going to tell Poultice?