Sleep Brings Renewal, Nightmares Bring Hinderances

I bolted through the forest, extending my wings so that the air could take me. I reared on my hind legs and leaped onto what seemed to be a small hill. The grass was soft on my paws and the breeze tickled my nose.

Suddenly the weather changed and clouds began to cover the sun. I whimpered and lowered a bit, fearful at how fast it had changed. "What's going I," I whispered as I pushed myself forward.

I heard barking and when I looked over my shoulders I saw a group of Claw Wolves darting toward me. Their eyes were narrowed to slits while saliva dripped from their fangs. I gasped and surged forward. My claws sunk into the ground and I struggled not slow despite the fact that the ground was turning soggy.

I plunged a paw in what seemed to be a puddle. However when I stuck a paw into it mud began to pull me down. I yelped and leaped back, my eyes flashing in shock. A snarl sounded in my throat and I wiggled my haunches. I was about to leap but a Claw Wolf was faster than me. It leaped on my haunch and sunk it's fangs into my body.

I yelped and turned, ready to defend myself. Another Claw Wolf was there though and slammed a paw against my jaw. I yelped in pain and felt their claws piercing into my skin. I knew I could heal but it took a bit. I bit down on my tongue to keep from wailing aloud but I just ended up tasting blood in my mouth.

"What do we have here," called a voice.

I turned my head and saw Tony standing with his shoulders braced. A small pup hung in his mouth and I realized it was Keen.

"Keen," I yelped as I tried to dart forward but a Claw Wolf who was the largest Claw Wolf I have ever seen leaped onto my head. He pushed me to the ground with one paw firmly placed on my head. I looked up at Tony as blood oozed down my face.

"You can do nothing for him now Starlight," warned Tony as he threw Keen aside. Keen let out a labored breath and his paws flailed. He looked to me and stretched out a shaky paw again.

"I can't Keen," I confessed as I felt my chest tighten. "I just can't."

Tony pushed forward, lashing his tail for the other Claw Wolves to bolt behind him, except for the one holding me down. I narrowed my eyes to slits. "I have nothing to say to you," I spat to my father."

"I beg to differ," murmured Tony as he lowered down to whisper in my ear. "I know you think I poisoned that pup."

"Who else would have done it," I pointed out, choking on my own words.

"That I don't know," he confessed as took a claw and scratched it along my shoulder. I gasped in pain but it quickly healed and I relaxed. "You share you friend's power. I wish I could have seen that when you were younger."

"What so you could have killed me then and there," I snarled as I tired to push myself up. The Claw Wolf just pushed more weight on me until I couldn't breath.

"No of course not Starlight. I would have wanted to know so that I could have known what a powerful asset you could have been to the Brotherhood," he explained as he drew back. I saw everyone of his ribs jutting out from his flank. His teeth were dull and yellow while his eyes were milky.

"You're growing old," I remarked. "You can't keep fighting forever."

Tony snorted and turned to what seemed like a boulder. "That's what great about my power," he pointed out as he lifted the object with his mind and lifted it just above my head. "Goodnight, Starlight." Suddenly I saw the boulder, falling toward my head.