Racing Against the Clock

Logan and I surged forward. We darted back into the large corridors. We both had friends we wanted to see and to save.

"Lead the way," I told Logan as my tongue lapped a bit in my mouth as I tried to scent where the mutants were. However I could only scent water and it was engulfing everything around me and I could hardly breath.

"They're this way," Logan told me as he banked a hard right and I had to skid to a halt so that I could turn in time and not smash into the wall. I surged forward after Logan who was running at full speed.

"How do you know," I called before I realized that flying would be much faster. I leaped in the air and spread my wings, ready to fly. The still air caught me a bit but I had to flap my wings much more to get any momentum to keep me in the air. Once I did I turned my body and caught up to Logan.

"Because I can hear them," asked Logan before he stopped a bit and stretched a hand out to stop me mid flight. I growled at him but when I looked down I gasped. Water was beginning to trickle from the celling and it was making a small stream in front of me.

Logan frowned but we couldn't stop now. He surged forward and I followed, keeping my wings angled so that no water fell on them. We came out of the tunnel and a joyous howl nearly rose from my throat as I saw all of our friends running somewhat toward us!

I saw Thruster, keeping close to the Professor and Poultice as possible. I felt a horrid feeling rise in my throat as I realized he was holding a small gray shape and I knew it was Keen. He seemed to be moving but barely. The Professor was being carried by Kurt and Storm. Scott was holding Jean who looked to be injured. Other children that I didn't recognize were also with them and they were running for their lives.

However they were running toward the largest tunnel with the most water flooding through it. "Logan," I gasped as my heart leaped in my chest. "We have to stop them!"

"I know," Logan grumbled before he extended his claws on his one hand. He shoved them into a panel and sparks flew from it. I ducked back in fear as sparks fell on my muzzle and I raised a paw to throw my paw over my muzzle to push the sparks away.

The door began to slow but very slowly and I wondered if they would be swept away by the current. Suddenly the doors seemed to have a burst of speed and they closed very quickly and only a few sprays of water escaped. They mutants stopped before they looked to Logan and I.

"You don't want to go that way, trust me," Logan told us before he took his claws from the panel and drew his claws back in. "Come on!"