Leaving the Past In the Past

I pulled myself forward despite that fact that the ice was slamming itself against my claws and it made pain ripple through me. I knew that I couldn't leave Logan alone though although I had no idea where he had snuck off to.

"Logan," I called before I heard footsteps against the snow.

I turned my head madly and charged forward, my paws kicking against the ground. I saw him in front of me and I surged forward. I leaped over a snow covered hill before I darted to his side. He looked down me still with the boy in his arms.

He smiled down on me and I perked up a bit. We strode forward to where Stryker was tied up with chains against a wall. He looked over toward us and I saw how selfless he was. I just wanted to kill him but I held myself back, not wanting to make this worse than it needed to be.

Logan looked at him for a bit and he was about to turn but Stryker pipped up like a mouse. "One day someone will finish what I started Wolverine," called Stryker but he couldn't move. "And when they do who will hold the answers, me or that thing in your arms and that mutt beside you?"

Logan set down the kid and I felt fear rising in my chest. 'Was he really about to leave us' I thought as my heart beat madly in my chest. He suddenly reached a hand down his shirt and tugged at his dog tags. The broke from his neck and he threw them on the snow in front of Stryker's foot.

"I'll take my chances with them," he murmured but before he could turn I darted forward. "Starlight!"

I stopped in front of Stryker and eyed him in rage. I bared my teeth in a snarl before I sunk my teeth into his leg. He wailed in agony and he tried to kick me away but he couldn't. Once I tasted blood and felt bone beneath my teeth I retracted and looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"That was for Mirage," I told him as I narrowed my eyes to him and lashed my tail.

Stryker didn't say anything and I watched his lip quiver as blood oozed down his leg. I just dipped my head in respect or lack of it before I turned and strode toward Logan. I rubbed against his leg before I pushed forward with him and the boy following.

We strode back into the jet and I was met by a worried Thruster. He shoved his muzzle into my shoulder and I murmured reassuringly. "It's alright," I assured him although the blood on my mouth wasn't that reassuring. "I'm fine."

I looked up to Logan who had given the child to Bobby. Jean then rushed up to him and they exchanged eye contact. "Are you alright," asked Jean with concern in her eyes.

"I am now," Logan assured her with a smile before he darted toward the front of the jet, ready to get out of here!