Nightmares Follow Me Everywhere

I laid in my nest and thrashed around. I gasped in my sleep and extended my claws. I was dreaming or more or less having a nightmare.

I was standing in a large room and I realized it wasn't a room at all. It was the place I had fought Triflud at. I couldn't believe I was back in there and I wasn't about to stay.

I turned my head and snarled before I darted. I bolted to a wall and pressed my head agains it but the wall wouldn't budge. I couldn't find an opening and panic was beginning to set it. I darted to another wall and collided my body full force against it. With a yelp I fell backwards, my paws flailing.

I suddenly felt something slick on my paws. I looked down and my eyes widened as blood began to flood over my paws. I tried to fly out of it but my wings were almost glued against my side and I couldn't move them. Panic set in and my eyes darted around madly. I didn't understand what was happening and I really didn't want to. I just wanted out of here!

I heard laughter behind me and when I turned I saw a larger man holding something by the scruff. When I turned I realized it was the gray shape of Keen.

"Put him down," I roared, ready to face him. I tensed my muscles as the blood lapped at my underbelly.

"Want him? Take him!" The man threw Keen into the blood and Keen gurgled as he tried to swim to the surface.

"No," I cried as I surged forward and tried to wade through the blood. The blood was thick, nothing like water. I could barely make it through but once I did it was too late. I plunged my muzzle into the blood and picked up Keen by the scruff. He was covered in the dark crimson blood and I couldn't detect a heartbeat.

I snarled and looked to the man. "Who are you," I snapped as I set Keen down in the blood and now the blood was almost up to my shoulders.

"Stryker," the man replied with conviction. "William Stryker."

I knew this was the man that had implanted the Adamantium in Logan so I bared my teeth in a snarl. "I will kill you for what you did to Logan and to anyone else. This is vengeance!"

Stryker shook his head. "I don't think so dear." He suddenly took out a gun from his pocket and turned the safety off. "Bring him in!"

I lifted my head and whimpered as I saw another man bring in Thruster. He was on a leash and every time he pulled the man yanked back and he would fall backwards into the blood. He would rush to his paws and cough up mouthfuls of blood that he had swallowed. "Leave him alone Stryker," I shouted as my fur bristled and I bared my teeth as blood dripped from them. The blood had now rose over my back and I had to tilt my head upward so that it wouldn't be submersed in blood.

"I don't think so," Stryker murmured as he turned the gun and loaded it before he pressed the gun against Thruster's head just as Triflud had done with Silvermoon. "I want to kill everyone close to Logan and you are close to him but if I'd kill you Thruster would kill me. No offense but I'm more afraid of your mate than you."

"Thruster," I cried as I I lifted a paw above the blood and tried to reach out to him but we were too far apart. I knew that if I came any close Stryker would shot and we would both be dead.

Thruster's gentle green eyes glowed. "It's alright," he assured as he relaxed his muscles. "I love you Starlight and I always will!"

I was about to say something but Stryker pulled the trigger. The bullet surged right through his head and he fell back into the blood. I screeched and my fur bristled as I watched my mate fall into blood that wasn't even his. But now I felt a tingling sensation realizing that now some of my mate's blood was surging around me.

Tears filled my eyes and I whimpered. Suddenly Stryker pointed the gun toward me and I gasped as my blood ran cold. "You wouldn't," I snarled as saliva dripped from my fangs into the blood.

"Then you must now know who I am." He suddenly pulled the trigger.