Tracking Poultice

I surged back into the Professor's office and looked to see Logan, Professor, and Thruster talking quietly. They then turned to look at me and I sighed.

"Charles I need your help," I confessed I said the Professor's first name. Almost no one called him that but I had to let him know that I was serious about what I needed.

The Professor turned and wheeled toward me. "What do you need Starlight? This must be important."

I nodded vigorously. "I need you to use Cerebro to track Poultice," I murmured as I lashed my tail. "I think I know where he's gone but I'm not positive."

The Professor turned to Thruster who bunched his muscles and leaped beside me. "I'll help as much as I can as well," mumbled Thruster as he licked me between the ears affectionately and I blushed. I still didn't enjoy this public display of affection.

"Thank you Thruster," I breathed before I turned to the Professor and Logan. "Please I really need your help. If he went where I thought he did he could be in danger."

The Professor wheeled forward and looked at me. "Alright. Let's go to Cerebro."

I stepped aside and allowed Logan and the Professor to lead that way. I followed with Thruster pressed against me. He leaned forward and licked my air tip. "Are you sure you'll alright Starlight? You've been a little different."

I shook my head and continued forward, hoping that he couldn't detect how I really felt. I actually didn't know how I felt and I didn't know how to explain. I felt so conflicted and I didn't know how to explain it. I didn't want him to worry over me so I just pushed my head into his shoulder before I darted after Logan and the Professor.

We pushed into Cerebro after the pass lock read his eyes. It opened and we pushed our way through. I began to shuffle my paws and Thruster touched his nose to my ear. "Stop shuffling or the Professor can't concentrate."

"Sorry," I mumbled into my chest fur and I blinked my eyes.

I looked back to the Professor who placed on the helmet of Cerebro. Suddenly the room expanded and I saw almost every mutant in the world, at least I thought I did. "Can you find him," I asked impatiently as I looked over my mate's shoulder.

Thruster pushed me down and chided me gently. I leaned back and pressed my head into his shoulders, trying not to cry. I didn't want to show how much I was afraid for Poultice.

"There he is," gasped the Professor and I suddenly saw the so small Poultice as he flapped his wings. Tears streamed down his face and I saw him gasping to breath. I hadn't actually seen Poultice fly before but his mother had wings and so did Mirage so it wasn't exactly surprising that he was flying. "I wonder where he's heading?"

"I know," I confessed as I lashed my tail and Thruster shot out a hind paw and slammed it on my tail. "He's heading toward the forest by Boulder Run."

"What's Boulder Run," asked Thruster as he looked to me with unblinking eyes.

"It's a forest right beside us," I replied as I lashed my tail out from under my mate's hindleg. "However there is wild coyotes and pumas in there. He will be killed if he's there at night!"

"Then we have to go," pointed out Logan as he extended his claws and I could imagine him slicing it through a puma's throat.

"Not you," I argued as my hackles rose. "This is my mistake I must be the one to fix it."

Thruster looked to me as if he wanted to argue but I leaned forward and I pressed my head into his chest. "I'll be fine Thruster. I need you to stay here and look after Keen."

He pushed me away and whimpered. "Fine but only if you see Keen first. I'm not sure if I can keep him alive for much longer."