Truth Comes Out

We all sat in the Drake's living room. Well I didn't sit on the couch since I was a pet. I paced beside Logan and John was leaning against a table, playing with the lighter he always carried.

"When did you first know you were a er-" Bobby's mother began but I knew she couldn't finish the sentence.

"A mutant," finished John as he narrowed his eyes at her. I had to agree with him, it wasn't hard to grasp.

"You have to understand we thought we were sending Bobby to a school for the gifted," his father tried to reason with us.

"Bobby is gifted," Rouge pointed out and I nodded in agreement.

"We still love you Bobby," Bobby's mother assured before Poultice jumped on his lap. His mother frowned and pushed him off. I snarled but Logan tried to soothe me. "It's just with the mutant problem."

"What mutant problem-" cut in Logan as he drew forward.

"What are you actually a Professor of Logan," asked Bobby's father in a scolding tone.

"Art," replied Logan and I nearly chuckled. Logan teaching art? That's like me teaching humans how to eat with utensils.

"You should see what Bobby can do," Rouge pressed and Poultice yipped in agreement.

Bobby leaned forward and pointed a finger toward the coffee cup. He froze it and his mom gasped as he flipped the frozen coffee over. "That's not all I can do," assured Bobby.

His brother suddenly bolted out, nearly stepping on my tail.

"This is all my fault," his mother sighed.

John shook his head. "Actually we found it's the male who carries the mutant gene so it's his fault."

I sighed, shaking my paws. I am so glad I don't live in a family like that.