Home Is Where My Heart Lies And That's Where We're Going

"Are we ready," asked Storm as she strapped back into her position as the main pilot of the jet. She turned over her shoulder and looked to the rest of us.

"Almost," I mumbled as I held Poultice by the scruff. I swung him into the seat beside the Professor so they could talk about who knows what. I wasn't interested in it but that didn't mean Poultice wasn't.

"I can do it," argued Poultice as he clutched onto the seat. I let go of his scruff and he struggled to climb into the seat. His hindquarters dangled down and he couldn't haul himself up.

"You can do it, eh," I asked before I pushed my head against his hind legs and I gave him the final boost he needed to pull himself onto the seat.

"Thanks," he panted before he licked his chest fur in embarrassment. He sat backwards and I helped strap him in. Once he was finally strapped in I looked over to Keen who was still on the Professor's lap, struggling to breath.

"Hang in there a little longer little one," I begged as I leaned forward and touched my nose to his ear. He stirred a bit but nothing that alerted me that he was going to be alright.

I sighed and turned to see Logan sitting alone as usual. I strode forward and leaped to sit beside him. Thruster was helping Storm with the controls since Jean was no longer here.

"Hey how are you doing," he asked me as I leaped beside him and strapped myself in before I felt the jet lift off and us surge forward.

"Alright," I replied before I licked a paw and rubbed it over my ear to sooth the fur sticking up around my pointy ears. "I mean I still have to tell Poultice about his brother. Do you still don't mind coming?"

Logan shook his head and stroked me between the ears. "Of course. It will probably be harder for you than it will be for him."

I nodded in agreement but it was very painful to think about. I really wanted to push the past behind me but I could never do that. Poultice deserved to know. I knew what it's like not to know what happened to a loved one who died. I still didn't know what happened to my mother and how she died since Tony didn't want to tell me because it was too painful for him. I knew I would tell Poultice and I would try to be strong.

We made a sharp turn and I nearly fell from the seat. I looked over to Logan who buried his head into his hands and was concentrating hard on not to throw up. "Don't worry," I assured as I pressed my nose against his shoulder. "We're almost there."

Logan looked over at me and rolled his eyes. "Yeah tell me when we are there!"

I smiled, hoping that Logan was letting go of his grief for Jean. I turned and curled into a ball and leaned backwards against the seat. I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep.