Farewells and Warnings

"I'm going with the Professor and Scott," Thruster told me as he readied himself to go.

"Are you sure that's wise," I asked him with gentle eyes.

He nodded and shuffled his paws. "I'm not help back here besides you are here with Logan."

I leaned forward. "Yet they are going allow Logan to watch the children," I chuckled in amusement and Thruster laughed as well.

"Yes I do question that decision but I'm sure they'll be fine," Thruster assured as he shuffled his paws. "You'll be careful though, right?"

I tilted my head. "Why wouldn't I be? Besides what danger do you really see me getting into here," I inquired as I snorted. "I mean it's not like these children are murders."

Thruster beamed and leaned forward to lick my cheek. "Such a bizarre sense of humor," he remarked.

I looked into his eyes and saw his crystal lighting. "The Professor is near. He must be ready to depart. You don't want to keep him waiting."

Thruster grasped a sack and swung it over his shoulders. "I won't." He wagged his tail. "I love you and be careful," he called before bolting down the hallway toward the Professor. The Professor beamed and stretched out a hand to stroke Thruster. His eyes gleamed as they took toward the lower leaves to the jet.

I sighed and sat back on my haunches.

"Are you okay," asked a voice.

I turned to see Keen. He could have been listening the whole time with his transparency. "Keen," I snapped at him. "What are you doing in here?!"

He ducked back in fear and shuffled his paws. "Er sorry Starlight. I just thought that-" He stopped talking and I realized that he had no words.

I took in a breath and strode toward him. "It's alright. I'm sorry. Just everything that's happened is a lot to take in."

He smiled a bit and pricked his ears. "What was that about with Thruster," he asked cringing. "You were all licking each other!"

I snorted in amusement. "You won't understand until you're older," I told him gently as I flicked my claw against his nose.

"I hope I never do," he grumbled as he padded out of the room, lashing his tail.

I sighed. "I hope you never have to deal with the fear of your mate in danger and you're not there to help them."