Time For Strategy

Once we were close to Stryker's base we decided that we needed to devise a plan for getting in. They used a hologram and showed the specifications of the base.

"Here is where we need to be but it's surrounded by water. They could flood it at any moment," explained Storm as she pointed to the secure area where we needed to be.

"I can go in," offered Logan as he looked to me before he looked to Storm. "Stryker won't flood it if he knows I'm in there."

Erik suddenly stepped through the projection. "Yes well we also need someone that is able to work the security and no offense but we know that is not you."

Logan looked like he wanted to argue but I arched my back against his leg to stop him. "Erik's right," I whispered as I kinked my tail over my back. "As much as I hate to admit it."

Logan unclenched his hands and looked to Erik. "What are you suggesting?"

Erik looked to Mystique and she dipped her head a bit, excepting the challenge. I nodded in agreement, knowing that she would be the best choice for this mission.

"We're ready to land," announced Jean as she turned the controls and began steering the jet down. It landed smoothly and I was relieved. We didn't need a repeat of the other day when Erik had to stop the jet from smashing into the ground and killing all of us.

"Poultice," I murmured as I looked to the young pup who was shaking in apprehension. "You are going to have to be ready to fight."

Poultice looked up at me and fear leapt in my heart thinking that he could be reading my mind right now. "I will be ready Starlight," he barked as his tail tip quivered. "Are you?"

Poultice's question jolted me a bit but I didn't hesitate answering. "Of course I'm ready," I murmured before I flicked my tail over my shoulder. "Now you might find something that you don't want to find."

Poultice shuffled his paws and licked his lips. "I know. I've tried preparing myself for it but I just want to get my brother and Keen back."

My heart ached for him and I licked his cheek and he drew back and wrinkled his nose a bit. "I know little one, I do to. However we must not take risks that we can't handle."

"I know Starlight," he barked as his tail lashed. "However I can't let them die in vain. I know they would fight for me so I will fight to the death for them."