Conversation With Logan

(one week ago)

I was laying on Logan's bed with my head rested on my paws. My breath came in shallow gasps as I dreamt of fighting Triflud. I imagined Triflud leaping to Thruster, ready to kill him. I then leaped for him and he turned to slice my throat.

I then woke up with a howl, my eyes widening in shock. I snarled and bristled my fur, ready to attack. I saw Logan standing a pace away from me. I tilted my head and realized that he had been the one to wake me up from my nightmare.

"Logan," I mumbled as I relaxed myself a bit. I raised a paw and ran it over my muzzle, panting. "I'm sorry I thought you were someone else."

"I know you did," Logan told me as he sat on the bed beside me. "You were crying out in your sleep at Triflud and Tony."

I hung my head and sighed. "I'm sorry Logan. I didn't mean to cause commotion." I leaped from the bed and strode toward my water dish. I lowered my head and began to lap at the water, feeling it travel down my throat. I rumbled in joy and swallowed ravenously. I noticed that Logan was still watching me so I lifted my muzzle as water dripped from it. "Can I help you with something?" I turned back to drinking.

"You know Starlight you've been tense ever since we got home. You don't sleep and when you do you are woken up by those nightmares."

"Your point it," I mumbled through the water.

"I think you should talk to the Professor," Logan told me as he sat bak on the bed a bit, his dog tags resting on his chest.

I stopped drinking and lifted my muzzle so I could meet Logan's gaze. "What," I asked but it sounded like a weak rasp deep in my throat.

Logan realized that he might have said the wrong thing so he sat on the floor, inviting me closer. I wasn't so sure so I flicked my ear tip. "I mean I think you might have PTSD," he explained, wondering how I would react.

Well he was in luck because I didn't know what PTSD was. I titled my head. "What's PTSD," I asked as sat down and pushed my head into my shoulders, whimpering a bit.

Logan's eyes softened in a way they usually didn't. "It stand for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It happens when you've been in a difficult situation and still have vivid memories that hinder you."

"How would you know," I asked but now it was mine turn to say the wrong thing. I knew that Logan had memories and vivid dreams that he didn't even remember.

Logan lowered his head and didn't say anything. I pushed forward and pushed my head against his chest. "I'm sorry," I sympathized as I licked his chin as I tried to cheer him up. "I forgot. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep."

Logan grasped my shoulders and set me down on his knee as he began to scratch me behind the ears. "Yes I do have it. I think the Professor does to. That's why I think you should talk to him. He knows what you're going through so he understands. Just try it."

"I don't want to," I growled as I stretched out a wing and grazed Logan's hand. He made me feel safe and I was beginning to shake off the horror of the dream I had just had. I took in deep breaths, my body starting to relax. "I don't need to talk to anyone about how I feel. That would make me seem weak!"

"Do you think I'm weak," Logan asked as he continued to stroke my pelt.

"Of course not! I just don't want anyone to think I'm unable to do things," I barked as I wagged my tail.

"They won't." Logan raised a hand and extended his claws. I lifted mine and extended mine but they were just bones where my claws were. They were thicker and very strong, almost impossable to break. "I can assure you of that."

"What will you do," I inquired curiously as I licked his hand and he began to run his fingers through my back. I knew that I was also relaxing Logan when he pet met me enzymes were released, or at least that is what Thruster had told me.

"You don't need to know," Logan chuckled as he continued to scratch me but this time he scratched me between the ears.

"Do you really think I should talk to the Professor," I asked, hoping that he would change his mind but when he beamed a bit I realized that he still wanted me to.

"Yes I think it would do you good. Thruster doesn't even have to know. It can be between me, the Professor, and you," Logan told me gently and I smiled, half to myself.

"Okay I'll think about it." That's my way of saying no.