Guidance

I gasped and woke up with a jolt. I shoved my ears forward and panted madly. I took a paw and ran it through my fur. I panted madly and looked around. I saw that Logan was still sleeping.

I didn't want to wake him up so I just hauled myself to my shaky paws and strode toward the entrance of the tent. I pushed myself out and yawned. The sun hadn't yet risen so I knew that it was very early. I heard the gentle breathing of the rest of them were sleeping.

"Long time no see."

I turned and saw Dagger standing there. His eyes gleamed and a purr rolled in his throat. He surged forward and arched his back as he pressed it against my foreleg. "Dagger it's been a while," I pointed out as I lowered my head and licked Dagger between the ears.

"Oh I no," he murmured before he turned his head and looked at the tents. "Never thought I'd appear to a place like here."

I snorted in amusement and lashed his tail. "Yeah, me either. Trust me I didn't foresee this."

Dagger padded toward Logan's tent and bristled his fur a bit. "What happened? Where are you guys going?"

"Where we were almost killed," I answered as I looked at my paws and felt a heaviness to my heart lift telling him this.

"Great Starbound you can't go back there," Dagger argued as he lashed his long tail. "How will that make Poultice feel?"

I threw my head to the side and let a growl roll in my throat. "Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out. He already confronted me about it and I had to tell him that Starbound would watch over us and keep us safe."

"You can't promise that," pointed out Dagger with a frown. "You know that Starlight."

I narrowed my eyes a bit. "I won't let anyone hurt him! You know that."

"I don't doubt that but you can't protect him forever or from death. He will die eventually," Dagger murmured as he looked at me with serious yet saddened eyes.

"I know," I breathed as I puffed out my chest a bit as wind began to surge through my pelt. "However I will protect him as long as I live. He's like my son."

Dagger smiled before he strode forward and leaped on my back. He purred and gingerly stroked his tail over my wings. "So you found about about your father," he asked, meaning the wings.

I growled and threw my back a bit, making Dagger nearly fall from his flank. He yelped and dug his claws into my side to keep himself from falling off me. He hauled himself back up and my body quickly healed from the claw scratches that Dagger made. He growled at me and bit my ear.

"Yes I found out," I grumbled as I ripped my ear from his mouth and it healed. "I don't know why he didn't just tell me."

"Would you have cared or actually believed him," asked Dagger as he leaped back down and spun to face me. "Besides he's had a rough life. I just don't think that you understand."

"He killed you," I argued as I leaned forward. "Do you just forgive him for that or what?"

Dagger turned his muzzle high in the air. "Yes I forgive him. He has't had a great life and I understand that. Maybe it's about time you start understanding him since it's obvious that he's trying to mend the relationship."

"That will never happen," I snapped as I let out a snort of anger. "I don't want anything to do with him."

"Yes and he senses that," meowed Dagger and I wondered if this was the same Dagger I had met many moons ago. "If I were him I'd just give up. No offense but you aren't the easiest wolf to get along with or love. I'm surprised that Thruster-" He trailed off, realizing that he had said too much.

I blinked my eyes and growled since it didn't really bother me. I really didn't care what he had to say, especially when he agreed with Tony. "Yeah well I'm not the one who's dead."

Dagger took a step back and flicked his ear. "You're right. I'm sorry to bother you." Suddenly Dagger disappeared and I was left feeling guilt ripple through me. Maybe I was as cold and callus as Dagger had accused me of. I just sat and was left to ponder what I should be doing in all areas of my life.