Checking Poultice's Room

Poultice strode into his room after knocking on the door. He light was off so Logan turned them on. Poultice dipped his head in appreciation before he strode forward.

He looked around and sniffed the air. Once he was sure no one was in the room (a side effect from being held by Triflud and nearly killed) he stalked forward. He pushed into the bathroom and flicked on the light. He looked around but he couldn't see any trace that anyone had been in there in a while. The room though was a different story.

"This room is a mess," grumbled Mirage as he rolled his eyes at Poultice. He loved his brother but he didn't always understand it.

"Yeah well Bobby isn't exactly neat," Poultice shot back before he began to rummage through the piles of clothes on the floor. He suddenly let out a yelp as another pile of clothes fell on top of him.

I stifled a snort of laughter as I sprang forward and sunk my claws into a clean T-shirt. I then pulled off a pair of pants from Poultice. He yipped in thankfulness and shook a pair of boxers from his face. He grumbled and lashed his tail. "I think I felt something wet on my muzzle."

"Yeah we didn't need to know that Poultice," muttered Mirage as he drew back and wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"No it's not that," argued Poultice as he twitched his ears. He then plunged back into the piles of clothes. Well I wasn't going to help him this time.

After a few heartbeats he let out a sharp bark of success and his tail wagged, nearly smacking me in the face. I coiled my head into my shoulders and snarled. Before I could launch myself back at Poultice he hauled himself back. His teeth were grasping a water bowl. I noticed that there was some water left in it but most of it had been soaked up by Bobby's clothes. He dragged it into view and narrowed his eyes.

"I don't think Bobby set this out," Poultice barked as his fur bristled. "Someone else did and he must have pushed his clothes from his bed onto the water and that's the wetness I felt."

"So it's in your room and Keen's room," Logan murmured as he nodded thoughtfully. "What about your Mirage?"

Mirage looked terrified at being addressed by Logan but he crept forward. "I can check." He then turned back to me, trembling. "What about your room or Thrust's room with the Professor?"

"That's a good idea," I murmured, half to myself. "Logan and I will check our room while you two check, Thruster and the Professor's room."

"Will do," yipped Poultice as he wiggled forward and butted his head against Mirage's haunch. "Come on bro, let's go."

Mirage snaked past Logan and whimpered with his tail stuck between his legs. I then turned to Logan. "Let's go check our room."