Sneaking In

I waited patiently as I watched Stryker talking to Mystique who looked to be Logan. They spoke quickly and loudly.

"She's good," Logan murmured as he watched the screen. I rolled my eyes and huffed to myself.

Suddenly Storm turned to Erik who nodded. "It's time," he announced before he pushed toward the entrance of the jet.

"Can't we come," asked Bobby with pleading eyes.

"It's not your time yet," Jean pointed out to Rouge, Bobby, and John.

"But Poultice is going," complained Rouge as she pointed to Poultice who was pressed against me. I growled at her, a type of warning.

"Poultice has a certain reason for going," I pointed out to her as I bunched my muscles. "His brother and friend are in there. Besides he has fought in a battle before. A battle for you if I recall." My voice was smooth yet it was almost daring them to argue.

Rouge bit her lip before she looked to John who just played with his lighter. Bobby took a step back, not wanting to argue with me anymore.

"Let's go," Logan murmured as he turned with Storm, Jean, Kurt, Erik, Tony, Poultice, and I following. We weren't a small group but we group to be feared.

They exited the jet and strode toward the base. It was the same entrance Mystique had entered but we had to make sure we were almost silent. We pushed forward and I tried to keep my breath quiet and so did Poultice. However out of the group the one who was most quiet was Tony. He had the best stalking of any of us.

We suddenly arrived at the door that Mystique told us to meet at. We readied ourselves before it opened. We took down a few guards but nothing major. We strode into the control room.

"Doesn't someone have to realize that we're in by now," asked Poultice as he tilted his head a bit.

I stopped him before he made it to the place with all of the screens. "Yes." I suddenly looked down and lifted a paw. I placed it between a rope chain and my own collar. I easily tugged it free. On the end of it was a green crystal. I then passed it to him.

"What's this," he asked as he looked at the crystal in surprise.

"When we were fighting Triflud Thruster and I found this stash of crystals. I've held onto yours, Mirage's, and Keen's crystals for a while. I have other as well for other wolves in the school but these are yours."

"What does it do," asked Poultice as I helped him tie it around his neck. I made sure no matter what it wouldn't come off.

"I'm not sure," I confessed as I looked at my own crystal on my collar along with my dogs tags and ID. "Only you can figure that out though. Mine reminds me of my mother and also helps me with my powers."

"Thank you Starlight," he murmured before he reared on his hind legs and licked my jaw. "Can I ask you something?"

I looked at him and nodded. "Starlight I know that Riversong was my mother and Stonestep my father but is it alright if I feel that you and Thruster are more like my parents? I know that Keen and Mirage feel this way also."

My heart expanded a bit in affection and in a way I couldn't explain. "Of course that's alright," I barked as I nuzzled him affectionately how mother wolves usually did to their pups. "You didn't know your parents very long. You actually didn't know your father at all."

Poultice looked up at me with round and unblinking eyes. "Now I need you to stay with Storm at all times," I murmured as I looked over to the group talking madly to each other about plans and strategies. "Understand?"

He frowned and fear pulsed from his pelt. "What are you going to do Starlight?"

I lowered down to look into his eyes. "I have to go with Logan," I explained as I arched my neck to touch my nose to his ear. "He's my companion and I can't leave him."

"But how will I save my brother and Keen without you," he asked as fear made him shake.

"Storm will help you," I breathed reassuringly as I saw Logan look into a screen which showed Stryker. I knew where he was going and I knew where I had to go. "Now I have to go. Be safe."

He looked at me with round eyes but he didn't argue it. "Do you promise me you'll return?"

I looked over my shoulder and smiled. "I can't die remember?" I tried to make the mood joking but that didn't help.

I then surged to Logan who looked down to me and blinked his eyes. "I know what you have to do," I breathed as I dipped my head. "I'm here to tell you that I'm with you."

He shook his head. "This isn't your fight."

Before he could leave I bolted in front of him. "Stryker made it my fight when he messed with you. We're in this until the end." I held up my gleaming crystal in my paw. "Companions."

He looked down and he couldn't help but smile a bit or was it more like a smirk. "Alright but follow my lead." He took out his earpiece which was also a communicator.

I looked to Poultice who was looking up at Storm with ready eyes. I realized I might not see him again. I shook my head to clear it and growled. "I'm ready. Let's end this."