Following Logan

We strode through the hallways and down stairs. We didn't speak and I kept my pawsteps soft and very light. I didn't need anyone seeing that we were here.

However when we walked I thought about where I had come from. I didn't have a great memory of my life before Logan. I knew that my mother died when I was young and obviously Tony wasn't around. I was taken care of by a Wolvy Claw Wolf mix named Muffler. He was more like my father the same way I was like a mother to Mirage, Poultice, and Keen. I guess the trend will continue once more.

"What are you hoping to find," I asked after a long time of silence. We seemed to be walking down the hallways forever.

"I don't know," Logan confessed as he scanned the hallways, trying to see if he remembered anything which he didn't.

I was now worried that he was going to be disappointed about what he found, just like Poultice. I took in a breath and strode closer to him. "Are you truly prepared to find you?"

He looked down on me. "I've never been more prepared." I didn't want to argue with him but I knew he wasn't prepared. I wasn't prepared for Tony and something much bigger than that was coming for Logan, I could tell.

We suddenly turned and traveled down more stairs. He looked aside and saw a large container filled with water. I tilted my head. I wasn't expecting to see something like that.

"Do you remember that," I asked as I looked at it with narrowed eyes. He turned to look at me but he couldn't look at me for long, his interest sparked right back toward the container.

"Yes but it's hazy," Logan confessed as he drew forward. He looked at the container before his head twitched a bit. A memory was taking over him and he shook a bit. I wished I could help but these flashbacks were going to help him learn about his past. Me interfering would do nothing to help him.

He moved the edge of the container and kneeled down. He placed his hand where claw scratches were, claw scratches made by him. For a heartbeat I truly wished that I could read his mind like Poultice could. I knew it would be a an invasion of privacy.

He suddenly jolted back and his eyes clouded in despair. I butted my head against his shoulder reassuringly before I licked his hand, wondering if he was going to let out his claws and attack me because he thought I was someone else.

He suddenly stood up and trailed over to a tub with bubbling contents in it. It had a strange scent of it and I had never seen anything like it. I reared on my hind legs so I could see it better and my tail lashed a bit in shock. I was tempted to touch it but something in me made me jolt back and just stare at it. I then looked to Logan and felt my heart leap a few times in my chest.

"Adamantium." I bolted around and so did Logan to see Stryker and another lady standing there. I growled and plastered my ears against my head. "I didn't expect you to bring a mutt."

I would have leaped for Stryker's throat but I knew that Logan would want to do that. I just rolled my eyes and extended my claws a bit.

"Anyway Adamantium in it's liquid form can be easily pliable but it hardens very quickly. You have to keep it in it's liquid form long enough and once you have it liquified you don't want it to cool. However you already know that," Stryker informed as he walked forward a bit.

I suddenly saw a stiff creature pad from behind Stryker. It's eyes were clouded and misted over. It's breath was hollow and just seemed empty as if it didn't carry life. It's paws were large and lumbering. When it turned to me I realized with a jolt who it was. It was Mirage.