Arriving At Bobby's House

We came into Bobby's house early in the morning. I had nearly fallen asleep in the back of the car. Poultice was pressed against my haunch, sleeping peacefully and I wished I had been like that. He was so innocent but now he was mixed up in a fight that he didn't ask for. It was the same thing with the fight against Triflud. He was born into the fight.

Logan pushed his foot on the brake. We slowed and I leaned forward a bit, nearly falling off the seat. Logan let out a weary sigh, we had been driving for a few hours. Rouge was asleep but John and Bobby were wide awake.

"Well this is it, right," Logan asked as he turned his head to look at Bobby.

Bobby nodded and climbed out of the passenger's eat. He stretched before he opened the door for Rouge who had just woken up. She climbed out with John following. Logan opened up the door for Poultice and I.

"Thanks Logan," yawned Poultice as I nudged his rump forward and out of the car.

Logan just smiled and ran his fingers through my fur. I rumbled in enjoyment and my eyed gleamed. "Let's go," I sighed as I pushed myself out of the car and stretched out.

"What are you thinking about," Logan asked me and I stood up stiffly.

"Does it matter," I asked dryly and I was very glad that he didn't have the Professor's power to read my mind.

Logan shrugged. "I suppose not but that doesn't mean that it won't damage your thoughts on the present," he pointed out as he kneeled down. "I don't like that man that took the children and wolves."

I snorted in amusement. "Yeah neither do I." I looked around to make sure that Poultice didn't hear me. "I'm going to kill him first chance I get."

Logan shook his head, sighing inwardly. "I don't want you to."

I narrowed my eyes in shock. "Why would you say that," I asked as my fur bristled in shock. "He took children Logan! Who would be that sick as to take children that can't defend themselves?"

Logan exchanged a glance with me and I shrunk back, my ears plastered against my head. "I know that's despicable but I think I have connections to him."

I turned and began to strode toward the den. I was tired and just wanted to curl up on a cozy couch. "Yeah and I have connections to Tony, that doesn't mean I want to be anywhere near him."

Logan stretched out a hand and grasped my tail, hauling me back. I yelped in pain and swiveled around, snarling a bit at Logan. "This is serious Starlight," muttered Logan through gritted teeth. "I think that this man knows about my Adamantium."

My eyes softened a bit and I sighed. "I am truly sorry about your past Logan but we can't go speculating things. All I know is that he took pups and children for reasons I don't know. I can't let them get away with something like this."

Logan sat back and stroked my wings. "I know but I just want to know and if the Professor won't tell me then I'll have to find out myself."

I didn't like the tone of voice that Logan had but I made a vow to him that I would always have his back and protect him. That means that I would always help him no matter what he did but it wasn't easy. Now I had to go against my gut that told me the guy who took Keen needed to live for Logan's questioning. I just wanted him dead.

"Fine but don't expect me to do much for you," I grumbled as I turned my head and stalked toward the house. "Cam we go in now? I think that we have some planning to do."