Are You Sure You Want to See This?

We entered the kitchen and I had found leftover chicken and placed it into a bowl. I had usually given up eating like a mutant. Logan found some other strange food that I didn't really care to eat. I just turned my muzzle upward and ate the chicken, even the bones.

"Starlight are you in here," called Kitty as her head peered around the corner.

I swallowed a mouthful of chicken and nodded. "Yes I am. Do you need something Kitty," I asked as I padded toward the entrance of the kitchen where Kitty had now appeared.

"Hi Logan, " Kitty murmured as she waved to Logan. Logan waved back as he shoveled more food into his mouth. "Anyway I think Keen's worse."

I sighed and pushed my chicken away. "Alright I'm coming." I saw Logan rise to his feet. I tilted my head. "Are you sure you want to come?"

Logan took in a breath. "Yeah I don't want to be here in case any of those kids need me."

I rolled my eyes and strode after Kitty with Logan now following. We pushed ourselves into Kitty's room which looked a lot tidier than when I had been their earlier. I weaved around Keen's bed and I was aware that Logan was following me. I pushed myself into the bathroom and saw that Keen was sprawled out, whimpering. His tail was struck out straight as a tree. His eyes were glazed and when he tried to speak a croak just came out.

"Keen," I gasped as I sprang forward. I lowered beside him but slipped since the ground was slippery from the ice that had melted from Keen's body heat. I regained my composure and whimpered as I pushed toward him. "Keen can you hear me?"

"It hurts," he croaked as he stretched out a paw toward me as if asking if I could take his pain away. My eyes softened since all I could do was hope.

"I know little one, I know," I soothed as I settled beside him and began to stroke his fur with my tail.

He then screeched and turned around, clutching his underbelly. He wailed and he narrowed his eyes to slits. "It hurts! It hurts so much!"

"Can't you help him," growled Logan.

I sighed and forced myself to my paws. "I don't think so. I just need to let whatever it is run it's course."

Keen let out another blood curdling shriek and his back arched. "What about painkillers," suggested Logan.

Kitty shook her head. "He can't keep anything down, not even water."

I shuffled my paws. "Watch over him and try to calm him down. Keep him in the bathroom but try and get him to sleep."

Kitty nodded obediently and lowered beside her companion, uttering soothing words. I took a step back and bumped into Logan who was looking at me with rage in his eyes. "What," I snapped at him as my tail lashed against the ground.

"Isn't there anything you can do," he snarled in a low whisper so Kitty and Keen couldn't hear. "He's obviously in pain."

"It's pain from the inside and I can't help," I confessed as I shoved my ears forward. "I asked you if you were sure you wanted to see this and you did. Now if you really want to help him then follow me."

Companions (X men Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें