I Know When Something Is Wrong

We emerged from the forest and saw that the group has disbanded, probably to sleep. I saw Logan by the jet though and that's the only person right now I really wanted and needed to talk to.

I turned to Poultice. "How about you go with Bobby and at least try and get some rest," I suggested.

He sighed and dragged his paws a bit. "Alright."

I rumbled in amusement and licked him between the ears. "Attaboy. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight."

"Goodnight Starlight," he called back over his shoulder. "Goodnight Tony." He then turned and scampered forward.

Tony's eyes gleamed. "You've raised him well."

"I'm not his mother," I pointed out quickly.

Tony snorted in amusement. "No but you're acting like it. His parents are both dead so it's only fair that you stepped up. Therefor you have raised him well."

He threw his head aside and strode toward Erik. I was tempted to say something else but I just shook my head. I didn't want to say anything else to him. I turned and saw Logan standing at the bottom of the jet, smoking yet another cigar.

I held my breath and strode toward him, my paws feeling numb. Tiredness swept over me and I desperately wanted to lay down. I didn't though and I pushed my way to Logan but he didn't hear me. I suppose my stalking was getting better.

"Logan," I murmured as I reared on my hind legs and whimpered a bit.

Logan turned and blew out smoke as he took the cigar between his fingers. "Starlight I didn't hear you."

"Yeah I noticed," I sighed before I stretched out and licked my paw. "I just trekked through the forest for about ten miles with the father I don't care about. I hope you're having a better time here than I am."

Logan placed the cigar back in his mouth. "Yeah not really," he grumbled dryly as he took in a breath before he puffed out more smoke.

"Do you remember your parents," I asked as I sat down and yawned, showing my teeth. I didn't even know how late it was but I was living on a few hours of sleep a week and it was beginning to take it's tole on me.

Logan shook his head. "I don't remember any of my childhood. I remember waking up and being confused. Soon after that I met you."

I smiled and shook my head to clear it. "And then everything turned out great, right," I teased as I rubbed my head against his leg before he lowered his hand and I licked it although it tasted of smoke and the cigar.

"Of course," murmured Logan before he ran a hand over his weary face. "How about let's get some sleep."

I snorted before I hauled myself to my paws and flapped my wings. My paws were too sore to walk on them and I had barely flown at all. My wings were the only part of me that wasn't aching incredibly but I wasn't one to outwardly complain.

"I probably won't sleep but I can at least try," I pointed out as I flapped forward with Logan following me.