Chapter 26

Okay so this book will actually be ending soon, but at the end of this chapter I will let you know how many more chapters there will be or at least something like that. Enjoy the chapter!
____________________________________

     Gladion was worried about (y/n) passing out from stress again once they got to Alola. Things had gotten so bad in Kanto that Gladion decided that they should go back to Alola to visit for a while.

      He would return to Kanto with (y/n) once she told everyone about what happened and what that would mean for them. He was now in (y/n)'s room on the ship headed back to Alola.

      After she'd passed out a week ago when they were in that terribly devastated area, the whole place began to cave in. Yveltal took him and all of (y/n) and his own pokémon but left (y/n) behind.

        Thankfully,  Xerneas jumped down in time enough to somehow get her and bring her to safety. As for Lysandre and the rest of his association, it didn't end too well for them.

      The chaos left both himself and (y/n) in a bad state for a couple of days but Clemont and Bonnie invited them to the gym. That was when they found out that (y/n) used to be the champion of Alola and wanted to expand her travels. Gladion and (y/n) had spent their last few days with the two of them as they introduced some of their friends to them.

      Professor Sycamore assured them that he would handle all of the damages and have (y/n)'s apartment placed on hold until they returned. This really put both of them at ease and they were able to make their trip to Alola a peaceful one.

        Gladion had allowed (y/n) to sleep most of the way since she was still tired from the entire incident. He found himself wandering off again. This time, he wound up on the ship's deck where the night sky, much like the one that displayed in (y/n)'s hair at the moment, shone brightly with the light of the moon. He leaned against the rail and stared at that moon.

      It reminded him of when he was writing that note for (y/n)'s parting gift which she ended up nicknaming Moon. He now understood why.

        "Gladion?" (y/n) called from the other side of the deck. She had apparently found it harder to sleep without him watching over her and had also wandered to the ship's deck.

      "Yeah?" he responded not surprised that (y/n) had shown up.

        "Do you think that everyone will still like me the way I am now. Will they be happy that I saved you but only with a cost? What do you think will happen once we get back?" she asked. Gladion laughed at her. It was something he found himself doing a lot more often.

      "You sure do have a lot of questions don't you," Gladion said holding back a laugh. "Come here. I want to show you something."

        (Y/n) slowly made her way to him in her (fav pokémon) pajamas and stood next to him. "You see that moon up there?" he asked.

        "Well yeah, Gladion. It's kind of hard to miss with such a clear sky," she said as she playfully but lazily nudged his arm.

      "Well, (y/n), you are just like that moon. You don't do anything to harm anyone. You give off a radiance that is just right for those around you. I've never met anyone in my life who hated the moon, so there is no reason why everyone should see anything wrong with what you've become now. You're still the same person on the inside even if your appearance has changed," he explained.

      He rested his hand on hers which was on the railing of the deck. They both observed the moon for a long while before (y/n) finally broke the silence.