Chapter 8

(And this is when I realized, I've almost run out of things to say in the before story author's note.) Enjoy this chapter!

____________________________________

     Ryoko had no idea what was going on with Gladion, but she sensed a dark presence within him that shouldn't have been there ever since the accident happened. Now she had confirmed this dark presence.

        Being the midnight form of the pokemon Lycanroc, she knew when darkness was in a place that it shouldn't have been.

        Ryoko had no clue why Gladion was able to be in (y/n)'s room after being in his coma-like state, but telling (y/n) of her discovery would make the situation worse so she made up her mind to keep silent. She then remembered her responsibility to wake (y/n) from her serene sleeping. She would have to have a talk with the girl.

      For now she would simply follow her to the apartment that had been prepared for them. She slightly nudged (y/n) with her snout. When the girl didn't stir, she nudged her again which produced the desired results. (Y/n) woke up but didn't even take notice to the extra blanket that wasn't there the previous day.

      "I had the weirdest dream, Ryoko. Gladion was in it. It was so weird," (y/n) said with a yawn as she sat up. Ryoko would have said something to her if there hadn't been a knock at the door followed by the Captain announcing that they had reached Kalos and would be docking soon.

      (Y/n) scratched her head a little and hopped out bed. She then walked over to the her luggage. She hadn't bothered to change since yesterday and was perfectly fine with that. It wasn't like she was going anywhere fancy. She pulled out a brush, looked at it briefly, and promptly tossed it aside.

     Ryoko watched as (y/n) searched her bags for her trainer bag and hat. Ryoko knew very well that (y/n) was not complete without her trainer bag and hat.

        "Okay, Ryoko, Moon, Reiji, we need go check on Gladion before we leave. Come on," she said. She seemed ready to go but she waa forgetting one thing.

        "(Y/n), aren't you forgetting something," Ryoko said. (Y/n) tilted her head to the side.

     "Forgetting what, Ryoko?" (y/n) asked. It was of no surprise to Ryoko that she didn't notice this one thing she forgot to do.

        "Breakfast," Ryoko simply said with a serious look. (Y/n) had a moment of realization that quickly made a pout find it's way to her expression.

        "Awww, but can't I eat breakfast after I check on Gladion?" (y/n) whined, clearly eager to leave.

        "No because you'll forget." Ryoko often had to remind(y/n) to eat in the morning at she was a little worried about the girl.

        "Your not my mother ya know." (Y/n) still pouted as she spoke not wanting to give in to Ryoko's order of sorta.

        "And you're not about to starve yourself, now eat." Ryoko said. Her red eyes began to glow more intensely. (Y/n) noticed this and went to her bag a pulled out a malasada. It was one of the few she'd brought with her and even knew how to make them.

        "Happy now?" (y/n) said as she ate the malasada. Ryoko said nothing but the glowing in her eyes decreased.

        "If it makes you feel any better, I will go and check on him while you eat," Ryoko said. (Y/n) nodded. Ryoko, in response, left the room.

      (Y/n) had taught Ryoko how to open doors but made her promise not to display this talent in front of others. She didn't bother to close the door as she swiftly made her way to Gladion's room. She peeked in the door that she'd slightly cracked. Gladion was wide awake and stared at her. The fact that he saw her didn't startle her, but it made her wonder exactly what was going on.