Chapter 5

Here's that update I was telling you guys about. I included a picture of Necrozma just in case you might not know what it looks like. Also, I will be needing input for the next few chapters now. Enjoy the chapter!

____________________________________

      (Y/n) was now at the dock of MeleMele island where she would be seeing her friends for possibly the last time. It was supposed to be a wonderful day, but earlier events had made this one of her worst yet. She was scheduled to depart from the Alola region to expand her knowledge and experience in the Kalos region.

         Who knew that wishing for something so innocent would lead to her friend's harm. (Y/n) had gotten up early that morning so she could say all her goodbyes without leaving anyone out.

      The day had been going quite well with the occasional tear shed here and there from intense farewells, but there was one stop that changed the entire course of her schedule. She was on her way to her last stop of the day before she would have to depart for Kalos. Everything was running smoothly until a mysterious pokemon interrupted her quality time with Lillie. It gave off an eerie aura and seemed to have something against humanity.

      The creature had swiftly attacked (y/n)'s vulpix who promptly fainted from the impact. (Y/n), being an extremely skilled trainer, did her best to fight off the beast, but to no avail. All her pokémon had fainted in the act of protecting her.

        (Y/n) was out of options as the pokemon charged itself with some sort of light energy, so there was nothing (y/n) could have done to save Gladion from his terrible fate.

      Gladion, (y/n)'s best friend, had left his home to see her before she'd have to leave, and on seeing her in immediate danger, he put himself in harm's way to protect her. The pokemon, Necrozma, had finished charging and had released its energy just as (y/n) reached the entrance of the cavern. That was when she saw him. Gladion.

      He was running toward her and he could see the growing light behind her. Before she could do anything more, he pushed her to the side so that she was inside of the cavern but away from its entrance. There was an intense flash of light that seemed more like a solar eclipse than an explosion.

         By the time the bright flash had cleared, the pokemon was gone, and Gladion was lying face down on the ground right in front of where (y/n) stood. (Y/n) had shouted his name and turned over his almost lifeless body. His once emerald green eyes had turned a dull gray, and his skin was extremely pale but otherwise unharmed.

         Sadly, Gladion had not given (y/n) any kind of response and didn't even blink. (Y/n) did her best to get him out of Ten Carat Hill. Unfortunately, she was greeted by Lillie who collapsed in grief at the sight of them.

      The two of them got (y/n)'s mother to help them rush Gladion to the nearest pokémon center. There was nothing they could do for him. He was given the diagnosis of a coma although that wasn't exactly his condition. The news spread quickly, and soon Gladion's mother, Hau, and Sun were there. After the situation calmed down a little, it was decided that Gladion would be sent to the Kalos region to cure his condition in hopes that someone would know what to do.

      Now, (y/n) stood next on the dock of MeleMele island just outside of the ship that would be transporting her, along with Gladion, to Kalos. (Y/n) started to cry as she recapped what had happened, for she felt entirely responsible for what had happened to her best friend. If only she had not fervently wished for Gladion to be able to come to Kalos with her. Now she had her wish, but it was not what she wished for.

      She then promised that she would do whatever it took restore Gladion to normal even if it meant giving up her original goal to train her pokémon in Kalos. Her mind then went back to the gift that Gladion had left for her.

         She hadn't even known about it until Lillie brought it up. She went to get it and handed it to her after telling her that she'd placed the note attached to it on the inside without moving the ribbon too much. How Lillie managed to do that? (Y/n) didn't quite know, but that was the least of her concerns.

      When she had asked Lillie if she read the note, she shook her head ferociously. At that point in time, (y/n) couldn't have cared less whether or not Lillie had read the note. Now she wondered what the note said and what exactly was in the box. The gift remained unopened right next to the the closed-door room that Gladion was in.

      (Y/n) hated seeing him in his current state and she hated the look she got from Gladion's mother when no one was watching. It said very clearly "this is your fault" and (y/n) couldn't deny it because she believed it was her fault. When she snapped out of her thoughts, (y/n) realized that she was standing right outside of Gladion's room door.

      She stepped back, temporarily stunned by what she'd almost done. Then she looked over to where the gift was. It was still wrapped neatly with the (f/c) ribbon and seemed to be shaking slightly. The movement caught (y/n)'s interest so she picked it up and sat against the wall next to the door.

      Just as she reached to undo the ribbon, the boat captain came and told her that they would be leaving soon and that she should go ahead and say any goodbyes that needed saying before they left. (Y/n) just simply nodded. No one would actually be seeing her leave. They decided this at the pokémon center. They said their farewells there only to avoid ending their day in too much sadness.

      (Y/n) liked it that way. She didn't want to see her friends any more hurt than they already were. When the captain left, she preceded to remove the ribbon. The box shook again once (y/n) took hold of the lid. When she removed it, she found a single luxury ball surrounded in emerald green tissue paper. The color reminded her of Gladion's eyes but at the current time, that was the last thing she wanted to be reminded of.

      She picked up the luxury ball, knowing that a pokémon was inside. When she saw the (eeveelution) she immediately started to cry again. It was (y/n)'s favorite evolution of eevee and only Gladion knew just how badly she wanted one. The (eeveelution) looked at her and simply hopped onto her lap.

         (Y/n) smiled and laughed at the (eeveelution)'s action. She then picked up the note that was folded in half and taped. So Lillie really hadn't lied when she said she hadn't read it. When she opened it and read it, she was shocked because what it said only made her wish even more that Gladion was with her but not in the coma-like state he was in now.
____________________________________

Well I stayed true to my word and updated again today. Hope you all liked the story and sorry about not telling you what the note said. That's for the next chapter! Stayed tuned! (Apparently the characters have the habit of wandering without them noticing...sorry about that.)