Chapter 19

And we're back! The revealing of secrets and knowledge continues in this chapter.
____________________________________

      She woke up with a start once she realized what she had just done. Making Gladion uncomfortable was the last thing she wanted to do.

        "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to...sorry," (y/n) said as she let Gladion go and moved away from him. He seemed reluctant to let her move but she was probably just seeing things. As if on cue, Xerneas reappeared from where she had been in the forest.

        "I have returned to tell my marvelous story. And let's not forget about Yveltal's insignificant story as well!" Xerneas said.

        "I heard that you ungrateful fool!" Yveltal growled. He seemed to take much offense from the statement.

         "Hey, it was just a joke! Don't get so worked up about it," Xerneas said laughing. The sudden presence of Yveltal startled (y/n). She was now more afraid of him than she had ever been. Now that she knew that the pokémon had been out to get her, she saw him in a different light or rather darkness. Gladion did as well because he shot the pokémon a quick glare before returning his gaze to her.

      His eyes were full of worry. She held out her hand to him which confused him at first until he realized that they would need to hold hands so he could hear Xerneas' words. Without protest, Gladion took hold of her hand.

      "Alrighty! This is how our little story began. Arceus made Mew. Mew's genetics were used by Arceus to make all other pokémon and the three beings of emotion, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, were created to show the world how to harbor emotions and stuff."

      "I of course was created as the life pokémon and Yveltal the death pokémon. We were meant to be a source of balance and we are two of seven immortal pokémon if you aren't included in the seven. You aren't immortal yet, although you used to be, and you will continue to age as long as you keep your power sealed."

      "Me and Yveltal actually get along quite well despite what many actually think but we also fight. A lot. This is because people and pokémon are constantly living and dying every day. When we fight, we are usually deciding whether someone in a very serious situation lives or dies. If I win, the person or pokémon lives but if Yveltal wins, the person or pokémon dies."

      "Even when we aren't fighting, someone is faced with a life of death situation and we don't always determine whether they live. Most people and pokémon have control over their own destinies. However, we only interfere when the situation far exceeds destiny. Did you understand all of that, you look a bit confused."

      (Y/n) was by no means confused although a look of confusion was surely plastered all over her face. She understood every word Xerneas said.

         She just thought it was stupid that a fight over even the pettiest of topics between the two pokémon could determine whether someone in a serious situation lived or died. Xerneas resumed her rant.

      "Now, more about yourself. As you may recall, you contain one-fifth of power from each mythical and legendary. If you were to break your seal and awaken your power, you would be able to use all of the power of the dream realm. Here's where your limitations come in."

      "You can use the abilities of legendary pokémon only once, but you can use the abilities of mythical pokémon as many times as you please. That should be enough about yourself for now. Arceus will explain the rest to you when the time comes. You can summon me to the dream realm any time you wish if you ever need any help. I don't think you should stay here for much longer so I will let Yveltal take you both back."