Chapter 1

A/N - This part of the story takes place before you become the first champion of Alola. It still doesn't follow the storyline of the game though.
____________________________________

      There wasn't much for (y/n) to do since she was already exhausted from previous events. She had gone to a festival with her best friends Hau, Lillie, Sun, and Gladion where they had a blast. Then she took her alolan vulpix and midnight form lycanroc to route 1 so they could get some much needed fresh air. After a while, she headed home in hopes of finding something else for her and her pokémon to do. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything she had in mind to do.

     "Hi mom! I'm home!" she announced as she and her pokémon walked through the door.

        "Ok dear! You aren't too tired are you?" her mother asked without turning away from what she was doing.

        "No. Why'd you ask?" (y/n) responded. The possibility of an errand lifted her spirits and she happily walked to where her mother stood in the kitchen near the sink.

        "Well there was this thing that the professor needed and he wanted to know if you could get it for him but...if your too tired it can wait until tomorrow," her mother said.

        "No no! I can do it mom. I'm not tired at all!" (y/n) immediately answered. Her mother's face started to show hints of worry.

        "But it's getting kind of dark and it could be a little dangerous at night you know," her mother reasoned.

        "Don't worry about me. I am 12 after all. I can handle myself and I have my pokémon with me. You did suggest that I go in the first place anyway," (y/n) countered.

        "But..." was the only reply that her mother could give her. (Y/n) hated having her mother worry about her. It was bad on both of them.

      "How about I get one of my friends to come with me. Will that be ok?" (y/n) reassured. Her mother seemed like she still didn't want (y/n) to leave but finally gave her consent. (Y/n) left the house with a simple bag that held her pokémon and a few useful items.

      (Y/n) had no intention of actually finding someone to come along with her. She figured they wouldn't want to be bothered after all of the fun that they'd had at the festival. She was also pretty sure that Kukui would be able to keep her disobedience a secret. 

      Finally arriving at the lab after a few battles, (y/n) walked right in and told Kukui why she was there. He immediately gave her the package that she came to pick up but then told her that she would need to get the other item from the mall in Hau'oli city. (Y/n) agreed only thinking of the task as something else to do. She went straight towards her destination without even telling her mother of the second errand only after making Kukui promise not to tell her mother that she was out alone.

     She was taking the route with the least amount of grass around since she wasn't too proficient in pokémon battling. As a matter of fact, she was one the main path and nowhere near the grass at all, so one can imagine how surprised she was when a wild pokémon appeared in front of her. Where this mysterious attacker came from she did not know, but what she did know was that its level was that of her two pokémon combined! Lycanroc being level 51 and vulpix being level 49.

      All (y/n) could do was panic at first because there was no way that her pokémon could even come close to beating this mysterious pokémon. Then she snapped out of her shock and ran as fast as she could in the opposite direction. To her surprise, the pokémon flew after her. Its scarf like fur trailing slightly behind it.

     (Y/n) got as far as route 1 with the pokémon still in pursuit. That was until it finally decided to launch an attack at her. Dark energy reverberated from the flying creature and would have hit her it her Lycanroc hadn't jumped from its pokéball to take the hit for her.