Chapter 24

I won't be saying much in this author's note. Just enjoy the chapter and don't let the suspense kill you.
____________________________________

     Gladion was running after (y/n) just like everyone else. The only difference was that he was being forced to by Necrozma. When they made it to the large underground room, that soon changed. The first thing that happened was everyone stopped in their tracks except for Gladion and Necrozma.

      The reason being that (y/n) was performing her Z-move dance. Gladion recognized it as the rock type move known as Continental Crush. While everyone stopped and stared, Necrozma forced Gladion to run at (y/n) and raise his hand to strike her. That was the last thing he was going to do.

      He'd never hit (y/n) even if someone was trying to make him do it. He was able to fight Necrozma's control and his fist paused in the air right in front of where (y/n) stood.

        She looked at him, confused for a moment, but then she smirked at him and attacked him. She forced her hand to his chest in a way similar to the move Force Palm. Gladion didn't expect her to hurt him. He doubled over and fell to the ground clutching his chest.

        "Gladion? Are you okay?" she asked. He didn't answer because he was still trying to catch his breath since she'd just knocked it out of him. "Moon, use quick attack on anyone who gets too close. That includes Necrozma," (y/n) said to her pokémon. Now it was Gladion's turn to be confused.

        "(Y/n)? W-what's going on? I thought Necrozma was..." he was saying, but (y/n) cut him off with a soothing, "Shhh." He wasn't registering what was going on.

         "I did it, Gladion! I saved you. Necrozma is gone now," (y/n) said as she sat down next to him. She had already released the rest of her pokemon to help protect them, so they had a little time to talk.

         "How did you do that?" he asked. He really wanted know because she hadn't done anything but hit him really hard. She laughed at him a little as she helped him sit up to observe his surroundings.

      "I used a little of my power to force Necrozma out of you. Technically it was one-fifth of his own power so it canceled out his possession of you, but that doesn't matter. Right now, I need you to get your pokemon out of my bag and help me fight these people off so we can get out of here," she told him. He had regained his groundings by then and had already began to get up from the ground.

      "If we split up, we can take them out faster," Gladion said. She handed him his pokemon and he released them all. He locked eyes with Necrozma and made it his personal mission to take him out.

        He and his Silvally charged forward into the diminishing crowd of admins and pokemon. The rest of his pokemon surrounded him and Silvally and protected the two of them from any attacks.

     "Silvally, Crush Claw!" Gladion commanded when he was close enough to Necrozma to attack. Silvally rushed past him and the two pokemon began to battle. Gladion stayed nearby and gave Silvally orders while his other pokemon kept any interference away.

      After what seemed like hours of intense battling, but was only a few minutes, Necrozma and Silvally both were near they point of exhaustion. Gladion didn't have any hp restorers of any kind on him.

        (Y/n) usually had most of them. Necrozma was about to attack and Gladion had very few options left so he told Silvally to use a move that he hadn't quite perfected yet.

     "Silvally, use Multi-Attack," he said. Necrozma acted first and Gladion thought Silvally would go down, but Silvally held on to the very last bit of his energy and took Necrozma down. Gladion smiled. It was a very rare sight but that's what he did. This victory was cut short when he heard an explosion from behind him.

      He turned around to see the move Hyper Beam shooting through the hole in the ceiling and striking the machine that (y/n) had been attached to. He had little time to react but Silvally had more time.

        His pokemon tackled him to the ground as the explosion went off. He heard several shouts of alarm but only one of them made him worry.

      It was (y/n) who had shouted as well, but he soon lost his hearing temporarily and closed his eyes to shield them from the blast. When he opened them again, the whole place was in ruins. More of the ceiling had fallen and there was debris from the machine and ceiling everywhere.

      Silvally had fainted from protecting him from the explosion. He returned his Silvally to its pokeball and looked around for his other four pokemon.

        He spotted Lucario carrying Umbreon and Porygon. His midnight form Lycanroc was nearby, but he wasn't worried about his pokemon at the moment. They could take care of themselves for now. He scanned the damaged area for (y/n) but when he spotted her, he heard Lysandre first.

        "You...you ruined my perfect plan. I was going to make this world a better place! I was going to free everyone...but you ruined it," he said as he stood from the debris and stared crazily at (y/n). She wasn't aware of his statement because she was just now regaining consciousness.

      Gladion saw Lysandre pick up a random piece of metal. A very sharp piece of metal at that. It didn't take long for Gladion to realize what he intended to do with it.

        "(Y/n), I'm sorry," he said as he rushed over to her. Time went by so fast at that moment. All he knew was that he'd stepped in front of (y/n) just before Lysandre got to her. Then he felt the blood before he felt the stabs. Three of them. Gladion only felt pain for a brief second before he fell backward into soft arms. The blood spread through his shirt and jacket all too quickly.

      He found himself staring into (y/n)'s beautiful eyes. He'd decided that he'd never seen something so pretty in his entire life. They weren't their usual color as they were swirling with every color in the rainbow in various shades.

        She was crying tremendously as she said to him but more to herself that she was going to save him and that he was going to be okay.

      Lysandre had long since backed up and stood there watching. He finally said something that triggered fear into Gladion.

        "I've just killed someone innocent...I didn't want you to die. Not an innocent like you." he said. Gladion didn't want to die just yet. He wasn't ready to leave her alone like this. Especially not in this way.

      "Gladion, please you can't go," (y/n) sobbed as she held him close to her. She must not have cared that her shirt was getting wet with his blood.

        "Hey,...(y/n). You should't cry so much...it really doesn't suit you well," he whispered. It was all he could manage right then. When he saw her crying and he realized how badly he wanted to stay with her, he realized for the first time that he was in love with her. He'd always been. She was the very reason he returned to Alola to begin with.

        "Do me a favor...(y/n). Don't forget me, okay," he said a little louder this time as he too began to cry. He pulled he closer to him and gave he a kiss on her cheek. He wouldn't kiss her directly. He wasn't sure she even felt the same way as he did. He smiled that rare smile at her and ran his hand through her hair once more.

      Then his vision faded and he started to feel less and less pain as he drifted of into a peaceful sleep. He felt her nuzzle his face with her own and then he was no more.

___________________________________

Don't worry people. This is not the last chapter. I won't tell you anything more but to wait until I release the next chapter. Sorry about the intense suspense and the cliff hanger as well.