Chapter 7

Here's another update folks. Enjoy and don't forget to let me know who your first ally in Kanto should be. (I don't own this photo by the way. Just thought I'd throw that out there)
____________________________________

      (Y/n) was trying her best to sleep but found that she couldn't. All she could think about was what she was going to do first once she got to Kalos. She had an apartment ready and was scheduled to meet Professor Sycamore at his pokémon research lab, but that would have to wait.

      Gladion was her top priority and she needed to start looking for answers as soon as possible. The (eeveelution) that Gladion had given her, which she nicknamed Moon, jumped onto her bed and snuggled in next to the already sleeping Ryoko and Reiji. Since (y/n) was only allowed to carry six pokémon with her, Moon had to walk with her instead of being used in battle.

      Seeing Moon, who had the habit of wandering off, reminded her of Gladion, but she didn't want to think about him especially after reading his note to her. That note, in so many words, had let (y/n) know that he wasn't as far away from humanity as he led on.

      She was glad that he actually was recovering at a faster rate than she thought, and she was also glad that she was the reason. It made her happy to know that she was the reason why he was recovering so quickly but she didn't know why this made her so happy.

      It was something she couldn't explain. The more she thought about him, the more she began to remember the good memories they'd had like when she'd first gotten Ryoko who at that time hadn't been nicknamed yet. Or that one time (y/n) had tried talking to an ultra beast.

      Gladion thought she was crazy when she'd told him that she wanted to try talking to an ultra beast, but he went along anyway. Instead of them finding the ultra beast, the ultra beast found them, and it just so happened to be a Guzzlord.

        Against Gladion's better judgement, (y/n) had attempted to speak to the Guzzlord and hope that she could understand it but all she could get from its roars and grrs were...well, roars and grrs.

      When she realized that there was nothing to be accomplished she backed away from the Guzzlord, but then it charged at her. She and Gladion literally ran for their lives that day.

        Remembering this made her laugh and she no longer found it painful to think about her best friend. After one more failed attempt at falling asleep, she drifted off into a peaceful slumber. There was a new day for her to look forward to.

(a couple of rooms over)

Gladion woke up. He found that he had control over himself once more. Well he couldn't speak like before but he could see where he was. He was on a ship and he knew this because he could feel the slight rocking of the ship and had seen the inside of one before. Being on the ship only meant one thing. He'd been sent to Kalos with (y/n).

      Gladion was overjoyed which was something he didn't experience very often. He got up and made his way to the door to look for (y/n). Once he opened the door, it actually wasn't that hard to find her room because on the outside it was decorated with flowers and had a sign on it that said 'We Will Miss Our Very First Champion'.

      Gladion thought this was stupid because (y/n) didn't want her title to carry over to Kalos, but these people obviously weren't respecting that request. Gladion then realized that once he opened the door and found (y/n) there, he wouldn't be able to actually say anything to her. This didn't stop him though.

      He wanted to make sure she was alright, so he slowly and soundlessly opened the door to find a very peacefully sleeping (y/n). The only problem was that her pokémon had unwittingly stolen the blanket from her, so he got another one out of her luggage and carefully laid it over her as not to wake her.

      He feared that if she did wake up, his visit secret visit would no longer be secret, but something in him wanted to wake her up and that something wasn't Necrozma because he would have forced Gladion to wake her up.

        He saw her suddenly shift in her bed and he froze in place. He was in an awkward position because he still held the corners of the blanket and was only about six inches away from (y/n)'s face.

      She lifted her eye lids only a little and whispered, "Gladion?" He remained still hoping that she would fall back asleep and she did. It was as if nothing had happened, so he quickly, but quietly, backed away from her and looked at her as she slept with her pokemon surrounding her.

        He turned around to walk away but was startled to see a miniature Necrozma floating in front of him. It took all he had in him not to stumble backward. The mini Necrozma then spoke.

        "I've given you something, now you must retrieve something for me. Tomorrow when this ship gets to Kalos, I will take full control of you to get what I need." The mini Necrozma gave him a low but somewhat high pitched laugh that Gladion almost laughed at had he not been in the same room with (y/n).

      He walked out of the room and softly closed the door with the tiny Necrozma tailing him. He had no idea that Ryoko had been awake and watching, but Ryoko wasn't able to see or hear Necrozma. Ryoko only knew that something was wrong with Gladion and something bad would happen tomorrow in Kalos.

     Gladion returned to to his room and sat on the bed that he'd found himself on earlier. He knew that (y/n) would find out that he'd moved, but at this point he didn't care.

        Seeing her sleeping so peacefully and then the way she half looked at him just then made a feeling of warmth rise in him. Then when he thought about her again and the warmth rose to his face.

     It startled him, but he didn't fight it. He decided to go to sleep since he didn't have very many options. If he tried anything against Necrozma's will, then he'd be controlled or something.

        If he went to spend the night on the floor of (y/n)'s room, which was the first thing he thought of doing when he saw the door, he would just make (y/n) feel worse because she wouldn't know how he got there and he wouldn't be able to tell her. He let out a small sigh as he returned to his dreary state of being once more.

____________________________________

That was a pretty successful chapter (i think). Just a reminder though: I neeed to know who your first ally in Kanto should be. I can't continue past chapter 10 without this knowledge! Thanks for reading everyone and stay tuned!