Chapter 18

Last time in The Wish...nah, I'm just kidding. I'm sure you remember what happened. Here's the next chapter so you can find out what happens next.
____________________________________

     Gladion really wished that he could be anywhere else but with (y/n). He was already a burden enough to her, but now that he was Necrozma's little spy, he couldn't bare being near her because he knew that Necrozma was going to relay every bit of information that he purposely or accidentally gathered.

      He was purposely avoiding her gaze as they followed Xerneas deeper into the forest. He had been so lost in his thoughts that he began to fall behind.

         "Gladion, are you okay?" (y/n) asked him. She was a little farther ahead of him but he could still hear her loud and clear. He nodded so that he could avoid even speaking to her. The less he said and did, the less Necrozma would know. (Y/n) didn't leave it at that though. She slowed down until she was walked next to him.

         "If there's anything bothering you or if you want to tell me what happened these past few days while I was out, I'd be glad to listen even if you have bad news," she reassured him.

      Her voice was very pleasant to his ears and if he wasn't in the predicament that he found himself in right then, he would have loved to hear her talk to him all day. He didn't like how her voice made it so tempting to tell her everything right there and then.

         He hated how she made it so easy for him to become what he liked to call weak, but at the same time, he loved how she always understood him and made it easy for him to talk to her.

      "We are here now," Xerneas announced. Saved by the life pokémon! Now he wouldn't have to respond to (y/n) any time soon. Xerneas had led them to a partial clearing in the deepest part of the forest. Behind Xerneas, who had turned around to face them, was a very large tree. It was extremely tall but most if the trees in this particular forest were anyway. This one, however, was even taller and had a very thick trunk.

      "Alrighty, Hoshiko. Gladion. I suggest you two get comfortable because this might take a while." Xerneas said. (Y/n) sat down in the lush grass and Gladion followed her example assuming that Xerneas had ordered them to take a seat.

      "First off, we need to allow Gladion to hear me as well. He needs to hear this." Xerneas said. "(Y/n) I need you to hold Gladion's hand and pretend that Gladion can understand pokémon as well as you can. How well this works will depend on your concentration."

      Of course, Gladion hadn't heard Xerneas say this so when (y/n) asked him for permission to hold his hand he denied her.

        "Why do you need to do that?" he questioned. His voice sounding harsher than he wanted it to. (Y/n) simply pointed at Xerneas and said, "She said so." Gladion couldn't disobey the pokémon of life, but he also didn't see what holding hands had anything to do with the situation.

      Despite his doubt, he complied and held (y/n)'s hand. It wasn't that he didn't want to hold her hand. It was just that he was trying to avoid making the tension between them any worse than it already was. When he did hold her hand though, he figured out why Xerneas had asked them to do so. He could now hear every word the pokémon was saying rather than just the sound Xerneas made.

         "I will start off by telling you a little about yourself, Hoshiko. I know that your name isn't Hoshiko now, but at one point in time that was your name. I am limited on what I can tell you about your past because of Arceus' stupid rules, but here goes nothing," Xerneas said.

      Gladion then realize that he had just set himself up. Necrozma could now hear what Xerneas was saying, but then it occurred to him that Necrozma was a pokémon himself and would be able to understand Xerneas anyway. Even so, the situation still made him uncomfortable.