Chapter 3

A/N - Here's another update for you guys! I hope you all like this chapter.
____________________________________

      Gladion was now on his way to where (y/n) currently lived. He hoped that she would be there even though it was the afternoon already. She would leave that night and it bothered Gladion very much.

       He didn't understand why though he imagined that at one point in his life he might have been able to tell. For now, he would just deal with it and do what he came to do. He was visiting (y/n) to give her a parting gift. One that she would most definitely like.

        In his hands he carried a little tissue paper filled box that held none other than a pokéball.  In that pokéball was one of the eeveelutions. It was (y/n)'s favorite and he was sure of it because she'd told him so when life was still forgiving and nothing could stand in their way.

         Why she hadn't gotten one of her own was a question he couldn't answer but if it would make her leave with a smile on her face rather than a teary eyed look, then he was happy too. He never could understand why her felt that way with (y/n) around but he let it stay there. The feeling brought back something from his past that he was now missing and he didn't want to loose that.

        He now stood at the house that (y/n) would be leaving later on that day and knocked on the door.

     He waited a few minutes before the door was finally opened by (y/n)'s mother who seemed to have been crying, but he had no right to pry into other's business so he kept quiet.

      "Oh, hello, Gladion. What a surprise it is to see you here, but then again it shouldn't be too surprising since (y/n) is leaving today," she rambled on.

        "Did you need something?" He wondered is she was that oblivious to the (f/c) ribbon tied box he was holding.

        "I'm here to see if (y/n) was home. I have a parting gift for her," he said with the most neutral face he could manage.

     (Y/n)'s mother obviously wasn't taking (y/n)'s leaving well, and he feared that if he showed any sort of emotion, he could be dragged into an emotional, one-sided conversation about what (y/n) was like growing up and etc. That was the last thing he wanted to happen.

      It took her mother a few seconds to process what he asked but she then answered saying, "Oh no I'm sorry. She left about five hours ago to say her goodbyes to everyone. She said something about wanting all of her wishes to come true before she left."

        It was just as Gladion feared. She was gone and he would have to give her the gift in front of everyone as she left that night. He didn't want to but he didn't entirely mind.

        "Ok, thanks." Gladion turned around to leave but was stopped by a worried mother.

        "Do you really think that (y/n) will be okay out there on her own?"

        Gladion half turned to her and gave a slight nod before saying, "You just have to trust her like I do." She seemed to be satisfied by his answer and nodded back before slowly closing the door.

      Now that the situation was handled, he had to figure out where (y/n) could possibly be. She currently lived closer to Hau, so it was likely that she had already visited him. He didn't want to take the risk of asking Hau, but he also didn't want to make the mistake of missing (y/n) before she went to the docks to leave that night.

         He decided to carry the box with him as he walked to where Hau lived. Hau was either at home, doing some sort of training, running his trial, or at a malasalada shop. With so many outcomes, Gladion was hesitant to even knock, but he did anyway. To his relief, Hau answered the door and looked happier than usual. It had to have been something that (y/n) did or said that had him in this mood.

      "Where's (y/n)?" Gladion said bluntly. He tried to make it seem as though he could care less where she really was at the moment, so that Hau didn't question him too much.

         "How would I know! She said she was visiting everyone she'd ever met in Alola before she leaves, so I'm sure she would have come to you eventually. Why so worried?" Hau said.

      Worry? Gladion gave no such hint of being worried. He was quite sure that he wasn't worried at all, yet Hau had asked him why he was worried about (y/n).

        "I'm not worried, I just wanted to give her this gift," Gladion said even more bluntly than before if that was even possible.

        "You're obviously worried. I mean who isn't! I'm worried. Lillie's worried. Sun's probably even worried! That means you're worried too!" Hau proclaimed with his usual grin.

         "Yeah, ok. Thanks for the pep talk. I gotta go." And with that, Gladion turn and left a slightly confused Hau at the door. He knew he shouldn't have gone there in the first place. He'd wasted time that he could have used to search for (y/n). To be honest, he didn't want her to leave at all.

      As much as he pushed everyone away from himself, he'd thought that it would be less of a burden to push (y/n) away if she just left altogether, but that wasn't the case. He would actually miss her frequent visits. She was his best friend after all. That fact hadn't changed even with the hardship that Gladion had been through. The more he actually thought about her leaving, the more he wished for her to stay.

      Yes, he wanted her to stay and if she wouldn't stay after his attempt to persuade her them maybe, just maybe he could...no.

        Gladion had to get that thought out of his mind. There was no way possible that he could do that. It would be last minute and would definitely cast unwanted attention in his direction, but he wished it. He wished it so badly deep within him and there was nothing he could do to stop this desire. He did not like it and it almost scared him that he actually desired something like this after cutting himself off from the world as much as he could.

      He was so deep in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed that he was walking around aimlessly. He suddenly found himself at (y/n) house again with the gift still in his hands. He checked it to make sure the note that was attached to it hadn't fallen off.

        Since it was her parting gift, being completely honest with her was his only option, so the note seemed a little too personal to him. He couldn't let her read it in front of anyone but him. It was still intact but now what would he do?

      He'd wandered back to (y/n)'s house by accident and couldn't think of where she might be at the time. She'd met a lot of people in Alola, so it would take her a while to say goodbye to them all. He decided to sit on the steps of her house and wait for her.

        Just as he sat down and put the present next to him on the step, he heard someone shout his name. It wasn't a normal, friendly shout. This shout held signs of panic and fear. It was Lillie's shout.

      "Gladion!" she practically screamed. He was thoroughly startled but still stood and ran over to meet Lillie who was running from the direction of the pokemon research lab. It wasn't until she was much closer to him that he noticed her face which was soaked in tears and full of pure terror. He expected a look like this from the Lillie of the past in even mild situations of fright, but this was the Lillie that had become a nearly fearless pokemon trainer. Something was most definitely wrong.

        "Lillie, calm down. What's wrong?" he said in his concerned brother voice.

         "I-It's (y/n). There was t-thing and it was evil looking a-and scary and she told me to run! She could be h-hurt you have to help her!" Lillie sobbed.

     He walked her to the steps of (y/n)'s house as quickly as possible and took of running in the direction Lillie had come from without a single clue as to where exactly (y/n) was. All he could do was hope she was ok and the situation wasn't that serious, but he had high doubts.
____________________________________

Well that's that. I will have another chapter ready very soon so don't you guys worry. I will be needing my reader's imput after this next chapter so stay tuned!