Chapter 25

And so this is yet another chapter...spoiler alert! Nah...just kidding again. You'll have to read to find out what happens next. I will say no more.
____________________________________

      She was devastated. She had finally know why she had been so hurt by Gladion giving his life for hers. Never in her life had she witnessed someone's death nor had it ever been anyone she knew so well.

      Not just that but she also now knew for a fact that she loved Gladion with every bit of love she had. Him not being there made her heart cry out in anguish. She didn't even want to exist anymore. Then it occurred to her that if she had never existed, maybe he wouldn't have died the way he did.

      Lysandre still stood not to far away from her still looking dazed by the fact that he'd just killed someone. She wasn't going to have any mercy on anyone now.

        She closed her eyes and reopened them and found herself in the dream realm. She summoned Arceus there and ordered him to tell her the costs of releasing all of her power.

      "There's no going back after this. Once all that power is unsealed, you will be immortal. That means that you'll live far longer than all of those that you hold dear. Are you sure you want to do this?" Arceus asked her. She ignored the pokemon as he no longer had the right to tell her such things.

      He'd made her as a source of entertainment. He knew that something like this would eventually happen.

        "It's too late for me to think about going back," she said. This time when she got back to the real world her hair began to grow until it nearly touched the ground. Her eyes were now a glowing pearl color and her hair was the color of the night sky after a solar eclipse takes place.

      She hugged Gladion close to her and she cried a little more. She didn't want to accept the fact that he was gone. She stroked his hair which was something he would have never let her do when he was alive. That was when she finally lost it.

     She could no longer hold in her power and she unleashed the imaginative destruction of the dream realm onto everyone around her. Swirls of pure energy surrounded her as she stood up and she carried Gladion towards the exit.

         All she had to do was glare at whoever was in her way and the energy around her materialized into a random pokémon move.

      Flare Blitz. Aura Sphere. Thunder Bolt. She was about to try opening the door that led to the stairs when Yveltal flew down into the room with Ryoko in his claws. He landed behind her and dropped Ryoko to her feet.

      "I managed to get Xerneas to bring her back to life, but if you don't hurry, you won't be so lucky with your friend here. Use Xerneas' power on him and he will be fine," Yveltal told her. That brought hope to her eyes. She immediately but carefully set Gladion in front of her and rested her hand over his wounds.

      She closed her eyes and concentrated on seeing Gladion again. She pictured Xerneas standing in her place instead and healing him. She could only think of his smile. The one he flashed at her only moments earlier. Even thinking about it made her smile. Then she heard his voice.

     "(Y/n)? Did you die too? Why didn't you leave me behind...I didn't want you to die, (y/n)."

        She opened her eyes and saw his emerald eyes staring back at her with tears in them. He was reaching out towards her face and only when he touched her face did she actually believe that he was back.

      His jacket and shirt still had holes and a little blood on it, but he seemed fine otherwise. Yveltal was looking quite pleased and then said, "I always wondered what it would be like to grant someone immortality."

        It wasn't until Xerneas appeared that (y/n) realized what he had meant by that. Yveltal's tail was touching Gladion's arm which only meant one thing.

     "Yveltal, what have you done!" Xerneas shouted from the hole in the ceiling. Yveltal just gave an evil sounding laugh.

         "All I did was make the him immortal. Now he gets to suffer along with the girl. Living forever is a real curse you know," Yveltal said.

      Gladion was now crying and still had his hand on the side of her face. She looked down at him and smiled sadly but said, "Silly boy. I'm not dead. You aren't either but...you...you know how if I unleashed all of my power and stuff. Well I did that and so I'm immortal now but then I tried using Xerneas' power to bring you back and Yveltal tricked me into making you immortal too and now we're going to have to watched all of our friends die and it's all my fault for even existing," (y/n) said.

      She had begun to cry by the time she was half way through her short speech. She was about to say more but was cut off when Gladion said, "Shut up," and then pulled her closer to him and kissed her on the check again. She obeyed him and she watched him as he sat up.

      "You know. Living forever won't be that bad," he mused as he stared at her.

        "Why is that?" (y/n) asked him. He smiled and then said, "Because you'll be there the whole time." (Y/n) laughed a little and the power that was running through her went away. Her hair changed to the view of a place far of into space or perhaps just the dream realm. She stood up and walked over to Yveltal.

      "Thank you for all of your help," she said grinning like Hau might have. Gladion and (y/n)'s pokémon all gathered around them and it then came to her. All of this drama was over. She let out a sight of relief bit suddenly felt light headed. Gladion caught her before she fell on her face.

      "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. She nodded a little bit not wanting Gladion to worry about her.

        "Yeah, I'm fine Gladion. I'm just a little tired is all," she said but when he let go of her and they began to ponder what to do next, because they still had Lysandre to deal with, (y/n) passed out and Gladion did not catch her this time.
____________________________________

If you thought this was the end, you better think again. Yes, there will be another chapter. Just you wait. Until next time!