28: Happy Birthday~2

As Sangwoo sat down, he automatically opened his arms for you. This time, you only hesitated slightly, before setting yourself on his lap. This time however, you burrowed right into the crook of his neck and wrapped your arms around him. You really were happy with the cake. And with how nice Sangwoo looked.

"Sangwoo, you look so nice today. I like this outfit." You whispered in his ear as Bum set the cake on the table.

The feeling of your breath on his ear caused a shiver to run down Sangwoo's spine. What was it about you? He should be angry about how you had been acting. But he just wanted your love and affection.

"Cake...! Go ahead and cut it." He said to Bum.

"Okay..." Bum replied quickly.

"It's frozen." You observed.

"Really? You can tell just by looking at it?" Sangwoo asked.

"Eh... That's strange... the cake's hard..." Bum confirmed.

"This... is... frozen..." He glanced at you, noticing the disappointed look on your face. Clearly you had expected cake now. "You need to thaw it out first... Can't you read? It says it right there." Sangwoo chided Bum. How hadn't he noticed that it was frozen? He'd been holding the rock solid cake almost the whole time. He's just stupid. And now I'm pissed. Sangwoo thought to himself as he ran his hands through your hair. All I wanted to do was enjoy the evening with Gi-ae.

"I-I'm sorry..." Bum stuttered.

"Nevermind that, what're you going to do about it? I want to eat it now!" Sangwoo rolled his eyes, irritated, but not irate. "You never do anything right... Now I'm pissed off. So hit your head on this." He stuck his fist out and Bum obediently bumped his head against it.

"Don't be so mad, Sangwoo. It's my birthday!" You cheered.

Taking a deep breath, Sangwoo tried to calm down. He had seen Bum eyeing you jealously, and it made him sick. You would always be his first. He would always love you more. Bum was lucky to be alive, but he wasn't acting like that.

"Sit. Before I get even more pissed." Sangwoo pointed at the chair in front of him. "Is there something you're hiding from me?"

"Eh...? No, there isn't..."

"What did your friend say earlier? Something about..." Bum stood back up, scared. "...Your uncle? You never told me about that."

"Ah... Uh..."

"Was it something worth hiding?"

"I just didn't think it would be appropriate for Gi-ae to hear... And it n-never came up..." Bum was trying to come up with excuses. He didn't want to share. He couldn't. He wasn't ready.

"Why don't you tell me... While the cake thaws?"

Bum nervously sat back down.

"Tell me. I'm listening." Sangwoo scooped some ice cream off of the cake and delicately presented it to you. Looking at Bum, you decided you felt like teasing him a bit tonight. You felt like making him a little bit more jealous than usual. So slowly, you placed your mouth around Sangwoo's finger, sucking on it gently. When you released it, you felt Sangwoo's lap form a stiff bump. He then stuck that finger into his own mouth, as if relishing your taste.

"Wh-what..." Bum's jealousy was increasing exponentially, and he was stuttering more out of anger than of fear. "What do you want me to..."

"I want you to tell me why you're so embarrassed. What're you waiting for? Is there a reason you're not telling me?"

"She... she's still here... I really don't think..."

"Well for fuck's sake, if Gi-ae's delicate sensibilities are the reason-- which I doubt they are-- then just ask her to leave for a moment."

"Gi-ae... Could you please go in the basement or upstairs for a little bit? This... This is hard for me to talk about..." He said sincerely. It was true that it was hard for him to talk about. But mostly, he wanted you gone. He had enjoyed his time alone with Sangwoo and he wasn't about to give it up so easily.