WM39 Salvation Series #3 November 18, 2017

Club Members:
Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
nosidamrenrut123
sweetsoul_16
_startingnew_
ChristianImpact
JlcollinsRocket
VioletRose156
lovesavedme
jmm7867
penielic
XXIII-XLI-XIII
SCRenekinz
skylophilia
voracious3300
GodIsGreatForever01
LuciqueX
ApostolicWriter16
_bethany_grace_

Hey guys! I want to make something clear before we start: I'm not here to put you down with where you are in Jesus Christ. If you've commited your life to Jesus, that's awesome, and you can't be saved without it! But I would like to ask that you open your mind with me as we explore all the Bible says about salvation, so we can be objectively sure for ourselves about what God expects for salvation!

I would also like to ask you all to do something before we begin with this message. Forget everything you know about the Bible. We can't have denominational beliefs, what we've been taught, what we believe makes sense, or what is easy to believe, to control our view on God and salvation when He gives us explicit direction in His word! Man has corrupted God's simple salvation mesage. We have to go back to the Word and see what scripture says!

This is the third part to a series we've been doing called "How to Get The Holy Ghost", bible studies on actual bible-given salvation! If you want to read Part 1:Repentance and Part 2: Baptism, check out WM30 and WM33! I just now added a Weekly Message Number to my chapters so they're easier to find!

____________________________________

Recieving the Holy Ghost:The Holy Ghost

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Acts 10:44‭-‬48 KJV

There's an interesting thing about this passage that shatters the misconceptions many people have about the Holy Ghost.

Let's start at the beginning of this chapter. Cornelius was a great guy, a God-fearing, God-believing Christian. He had his ways right. He helped the church out. He was just all around a super good guy who did have a relationship with God.