WM3 Salvation January 7, 2017

Club Members:

Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
ApostolicWriter15
Kayla-Writes
Astrither
And everyone else who is interested! If you want our weekly messages in your inbox or you want out, just comment or PM us and we can add you to the list! Also, if you have any questions related to the topic, comment or PM us! We want this to be a platform where we all learn about the Truth!

This Sermon Can Change Your Life
written by NoahShrewsbery

John went to the doctor's office and sat down.
"I'm afraid I have bad news to tell you."
John stared at the doctor, nervously impatient.
"You have a severe lung problem. It can cause potentially deadly complications. It might need surgery.. eh.. probably not.."
"...What?"
"Eh. It's not worth your time. I'm sure you'll be fine." The doctor started to walk away. John grabbed his shoulder.
"So I might die?"
The doctor shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't be that dangerous of an operation. But you don't need it. You could survive without it. Just believe in your heart that love will save you, and you'll be fine."
"Wait! No! Give me the surgery!.."

Many Christians today assume they are saved just because they believe in Jesus and say a nice little pre-written salvation prayer. Most denominations will support this claim. The Apostle James rebuked the belief that just saying the name of Jesus will magically save you:

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:18‭-‬20 KJV

Jesus also confirms this by telling us in the Gospels that not every man who cries "Lord, Lord," will go to heaven. There will even be people who will be shocked when they don't get to heaven because they saw incredible things done by the Lord.

In the beginning of the church, many people asked: "What do I have to do to be saved?"

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men, and brethren, what shall we do?Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:37‭-‬38 KJV

Repent, be baptized in Jesus' name, and receive the Holy Ghost. That's how you get saved.

Some say that once you're baptized, you automatically get the Holy Ghost in the process. But that simply isn't the case. In Acts 8 15-16, the people had received Jesus' baptism and NOT the Holy Spirit until the men of God laid hands on them. Elsewhere, people had received the Holy Spirit BEFORE their water baptism.

In Acts 2, Acts 10, and Acts 19, everyone who received the Holy Spirit spoke in tongues and was able to speak in angelic languages, as well as other human languages. In 1st Corinthians 14, Paul boasted that he spoke in tongues more than anyone else in the church, implying that everyone else in the original church also spoke in tongues. A believer filled with the Holy Ghost can speak in the tongues of angels, which to others may sound like "babbling," as the first people who received the Holy Ghost ran about the streets speaking in tongues and people thought they were all wasted on alcohol.