WM36 Purity/Faithwalk October 22, 2017

Club Members:
Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
nosidamrenrut123
sweetsoul_16
_startingnew_
ChristianImpact
JlcollinsRocket
VioletRose156
lovesavedme
jmm7867
penielic
XXIII-XLI-XIII
SCRenekinz
skylophilia
voracious3300
GodIsGreatForever01
LuciqueX
ApostolicWriter16
bethany_grace_

So... God gave me the first stages of this Weekly Message from the awesome youtube video I posted above! If you like this kind of content, be super sure to subscribe on Youtube to YAPA238, a totally unrelated profile that does this way better than me!

Opportunities in Dark Places

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:2‭-‬3 KJV

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James 1:12‭-‬13 KJV

We make a mistake that makes us lose so much traction in our faithwalk. It makes us not see an opportunity we have to grow in God. It makes us take two steps back in shame for every step God gives us of victory and we lose our battles before they even start. This misconception can strip away our liberty and leave us feeling guilty and forgetful of Jesus Christ's blood.

And so here's the truth: There is nothing better for your faithwalk than to struggle with sin.

I'm not saying sin is good for you, or that it's okay to sin. I would never say that.

People misunderstand the word "struggle." It doesn't mean "cave in".

Here's some definitions I found on "struggle".

"make forceful or violent efforts to get free of restraint or constriction." (Google Definitions)

"to experience difficulty and make a very great effort in order to do something." (Cambridge English Dictionary)

People think if you're struggling with sin, you're doing something wrong. But struggling with sin is a common human experience and process if we want to serve God. I'm not saying it's okay to sin. I'm saying, putting up the good fight against sin is an honorable part of Christian living, not something we should be ashamed of.