WM34 Bible/Purity October 7, 2017

Club Members:
Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
nosidamrenrut123
sweetsoul_16
_startingnew_
ChristianImpact
JlcollinsRocket
VioletRose156
lovesavedme
jmm7867
penielic
XXIII-XLI-XIII
SCRenekinz
skylophilia
voracious3300
GodIsGreatForever01
LuciqueX
ApostolicWriter16

The Warrior stood before the Enemy timidly, sword shaking in hand. This sword was once the most powerful weapon on earth, sharper than any other duel-edged blade in existence. It's said that this sword once had the power to separate joints from marrow, slice apart soul from spirit. The Enemy had once been afraid to even look upon this legendary sword.

But it had been many years since. The sword had grown dull and unbalanced from years of neglect and abuse. Neither was the Warrior trained in swordsmanship anyways, instead indulging in fattening foods and slacking on the preparation needed. The Warrior knew it, and the Enemy did too-he had already lost.

The Enemy swept in, knocking away the metal stick and finishing off the warrior.

What if I told you that you have access to the most powerful weapon in spiritual combat in history. This weapon changed the face of history more than gunpowder or atomic bombs. That's right, YOU, you have, lying on your shelf, an object that has changed the fate of humanity since it's creation, and forevermore will until the day the world ends.

But for many of us, it's laying on our bookshelf, collecting dust, as our minds grow dull and untempered, and we never learned to use it in the first place. And then we wonder why we can't resist temptation or overcome things in our lives. Why did the Enemy beat me? How did my flesh get ahead? How did this happen?

What is this weapon? The Bible describes it as the Word of God-as itself.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 KJV

When I first started to go to church and tried to be spiritual and tried to live pure, I failed miserably. I didn't know anything. How do you resist temptation? I'd grown up having no problem with letting sin do it's thing. It wasn't until I learned about this verse (through my yth. pastor) that I knew how to gain strength over sin.