WM8 Change Series #1 February 25, 2017

Club Members:
Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
ApostolicWriter15
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
Links_Mink

Written by NoahShrewsbery
Sermon very much ripped from an incredible missionary that came over to our church this Wednesday (I can't remember his name but I ask you guys to pray for His success in Eastern Europe !)

Ultimately it's God who should be given the credit if you like this sermon! I realize I haven't really said that enough, or at all maybe..

Anyways, this is a really long one, but I believe it's that way because I felt God speaking these things to me!

How To Change The World Part 1

This world sucks. I'm being dead serious. This world absolutely sucks.
People around the world are slaughtered and beheaded for believing differently than others. Suicide, especially in our own age range, is at an all time high. It is ignorant to put any amount of faith in our world leaders to help those in need and be responsible for the lives on their shoulders.

And we aren't armed to change the world yet. Denominationalism has destroyed Christianity and told passionate believers that God has nothing to offer them but a feel-good church service every Sunday. We live in a world that wants to seperate the Jesus who saves and the Jesus who calls us to sacrifice, and so people who want to live for God never hear about Jesus's Holy Spirit, except in a way that makes Him a useless side figure that's not relevant to our daily lives. We want Jesus to save but we don't want to sacrifice and take risks. Most churches don't preach speaking in tongues because it's more comfortable to believe that the God who never changes did so when we thought His ways were distasteful, when we didn't want to speak in tongues anymore like our forefathers or sacrifice anymore or not be our own little selfish selves anymore.

We are living in an age that needs change, and needs it yesterday. I believe that we have the power available to change the world, and I believe that this year, 2017, we can harness that power. But if we don't change ourselves, if we don't surrender ourselves to the One and Only true Jesus Christ, we never will find that power in the Holy Spirit.

Many people think we can't change the world.

Moses didn't think he could change the world.

Neither did Jeremiah or Esther, or many other people in the Bible who ended up saving countless lives and bringing God's people back to Him.

And.. I'm not going to say they were proven wrong like you expected me to. They were RIGHT! They couldn't change the world for the better. Neither can we.

We alone can only make it worse.

If you haven't been living under a rock your whole life, you've probably heard of the "Christians" that embarass humanity in general.