Happy Easter Y'all!

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!  Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
John 19:26‭-‬27 KJV

That verse has a special meaning to me. Jesus was dying. He was suffocating in his own lung fluids, bleeding out, whipped with a whip many historians believed contained fragments of broken glass and metal hooks, and hanging parched in the scorching desert sun.

And everything He did at that time was for us.

He comforted His mother while He recieved none.

He promised a sinner salvation while He, the only true Saint, recieved condemnation.

All that He asked for was a drink before He died; a sponge filled with sour vinegar was the closest thing to comfort Him. All the while, He comforted us.

What amazing love! Thank you so much, Jesus! I can't think about that kind of love without weeping; it's too much for us!

When He rose from the dead, the first words His mourners heard were words of love.

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
John 20:19 KJV

This is Amazing Grace in action. He could have just as easily scolded the disciples for abandoning Him at Calvary. He could've just as easily scolded Peter for betraying Him.

This Easter, if you want to hunt eggs and hang out with family and eat a big dinner, you go for it! But remember what Easter is about, and don't forget to find a significant amount of time to thank Jesus for the beautiful, amazing, womderful things He did for us!