WM21 Fasting June 3, 2017

Club Members:
Hissince2013
Jesus_Freaks_Unite
CupCakeQueen11
LiaDanielle
katjalouw
lhurvely_girl
apostolic_girl_7603
iJesusFreak
ApostolicWriter15
Astrither
GamingHumor
HolyTruthOfGod
CertifiedApostolic
nosidamrenrut123
sweetsoul_16
_startingnew_
pentecostalbeauties
JlcollinsRocket
wwjd193
VioletRose156

PM us if you want to join the club list and get weekly notifications when we publish our messages! Also, check out our new IG and twitter profiles, both called @Project_Change2 !! We're trying to grow out in every way we can, and we need your help!

The Secret Weapon Nobody Wants

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Romans 8:7 KJV

So I'm going to talk about something that everyone hates.

You ready?

Fasting.

( cue booing)

Yup. Fasting is often a lost art in our generation. Fasting requires us to submit our flesh in ways we really don't want to. We all just want to pray (if that!) and nobody ever really wants to fast (or fast a fast that puts them out of their comfort zone, rather!) But while prayer is the skeleton, flesh and blood of our faithwalk and personal relationship with God, we need more. While praying in the Spirit can lead to some pretty painful conviction, and change us around, without fasting God won't kill our flesh and give us the anointing we need as His children.

I wrote before how we have two members, Spirit and Flesh waging war against us all the time. Without fasting, the Flesh can overcome our Spirits. I've heard men of God talk about people starting to prophesy and pride gets to them because they're prophesying and suddenly their words aren't truly God-inspired anymore! The Flesh is a thorn in the back to even the most spiritual believer, and if unchecked can lead us away from Jesus Christ and His Salvation!

The Flesh hates the works of the Spirit, prayer, true connection to God, true selflessness, and operation of the Spiritual Gifts God gives His believers. The Spirit hates the works of the works, selfishness, sin, apathy, religion.

Imagine a race between two beings, your flesh and your spirit. The track only has one lane. Whoever wins the race decides how you decide on any given thing. Bear with me.
The Spirit starts getting ahead, because you've strengthened it with prayer and Bible Study.
Evil thought comes in unchecked. Suddenly the Flesh is stronger. The Flesh trips up the Spirit and runs ahead of it and wins the race. You've just sinned. Because you put that evil thing in your heart, you're flesh was strong enough and your Spirit weak enough and lagging far enough behind, that you ended up submitting to temptation.