Chapter Fourty Four

Start from the beginning

"So how did you know that you were officially through with Tyga? Like, you make it seem so easy to let go". She shrugged, "Oh no, it wasn't easy at all. There's so much that the media didn't see, so everyone just assumed that I just upped and left. There we so many different women, lies, and anything else you can name. I stayed because I loved him, then I stayed because of our son, then I just got tired of staying. I was single for so long before I even had my daughter, but of course, people connected me to so many different men".

"I'm already knowing, I'm kind of in that predicament now. Lord knows that I love Aubrey with all of my heart, but no one wants to keep staying in a relationship just to constantly get hurt. A part of me wants to stay because I feel like he has so much more to offer than what he's been giving me. Another part of me wants to give my son that perfect family and the chance to have his mother and father in the same household, but how can we do that when there's constantly new issues every few months? Then the final part of me just wants to be done with him completely, but I obviously can't do now because AJ is here. Sometimes I just wish I wouldn't have gave him my number the night we first met, but I'm also so happy that I did. I just know that I can't find myself to completely give up on him, even though I need to".

••

After hanging with Angela and the kids for a minute, AJ and I finally made our way back home. My mother and brother had literally left last night, so that left Jason and Kylie home alone while I was out. Jason was still apartment searching here and there, while Kylie had made the decision to stay in New York and lead the New York shop with my brother.

"Bitch you cannot season! What the fuck salt and pepper gonna do for some big ass chicken wings"? I heard Jason screaming at Kylie as soon as came down the stairs. I had just finished feeding AJ, so he instantly went into napping mode. Now it was time to check on my two kids who weren't biologically mine.

"Why must you two argue all damn day? I can't even be home a good thirty minutes without hearing you two". Jason shrugged, pushing Kylie out of the way as he reached into the cabinet to grab more seasonings.

"Because she can't cook for shit in this world Ken, I'm just trying to make sure we all don't die because of her cooking". She mushed his head before walking away to sit at a stool near me. " I can cook, I just don't see the reasons for all of those other seasonings. They'll do nothing but give you high cholesterol and everything else in the book".

Jason eventually finished seasoning the chicken and put it in the oven to bake. In the meantime, we decided to sit around the island and talk like always. "So how was you little play date with Chy"? Jason asked while sipping on a glass of wine.

"It was cool, her kids are so fucking adorable. King played most of the time, while our babies slept their lives away. We really just had some girl talk, nothing too serious". Jason nodded his head, while taking another sip of his wine. "Mhm. I hope she talked you out of starting a relationship with barber boy, that's a no go for me".

I rolled my eyes, playfully throwing a roll of paper towel at him. "First of all, there's no new relationship coming about anytime soon. Clarence is strictly my friend, nothing more and nothing less. I haven't even kissed the man yet, damn".

"Whatever you say! Just know that he gets no approval from me. Maybe from the bandwagoner over there but definitely not from me". He said while pointing to Kylie, which made her smack her lips.

"Jason I'm a grown ass woman and that's obvious. I'm just trying to be as happy as I can be, no matter what. What are your reasons for being so team Aubrey, I thought you were my friend".