I followed her into the kitchen as she immediately went for the fridge. I glanced out the windows, scanning over the scenery to make sure that the twins' warning had been a bluff. I walked over to the porch door, peeking out of it.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Her voice reminded me I wasn't alone.

"Yeah, I just-don't worry about it, I'm fine."

She gave me a look that showed she wasn't fully convinced but she let it go. "I'm making a grilled cheese, you want one?"

"You know what? Why don't we go out for lunch instead? My treat." I suggested, thinking it'd be a good way to get her out of the house and away from potential threats.

"That's really sweet but I don't feel like getting ready right now."

"So go like that."

"I'm in my pajamas."

"Come on. You look great and I just want to treat my girlfriend to a lunch out." I tried again, walking over to her, my hands reaching out to rest on her waist.

"Well, it has been a while since our last date."

Sophie's POV

"What are you doing up?" Scott grumbled as I searched for all of my things.

"I need to get back home."

"Stay longer."

"I can't, I already slept in. It's like one, by the way. In the afternoon. You should be waking up too."

"But if I get up, my bed will get lonely."

"It'll survive." I leaned down to press a quick kiss to his cheek before grabbing everything I needed. "I'll probably see you later today though."

His hand clung to mine playfully, not allowing me to move more than a few steps away. I shook my head, laughing as I pushed his hand away.

"Get some rest. You need it."

"You do too. You've gotten just as much sleep as I have."

I muttered a goodbye, patting his leg over the blanket before leaving the room. I walked over to my house, pulling my hair up into a ponytail.

When I entered the house, the first thing I saw was a group of men, all huddled around a table my father was leaning over.

I silently walked over, peering over his shoulder to look at the map he was drawing on, marking paths.

"Sophia, can you please go upstairs? This is private information." one of the men ordered, giving me a cold look.

"No. It's about time we told her. We shouldn't have kept it from her at all, let alone this long." My dad grabbed my hand, the men backing up to give me the room to comfortably stand next to him.

"What's going on?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest.

"For a while now, we've been tracking a pack. A very special pack. A pack of Alphas."

I froze, my eyes widening. Thankfully, he took it as surprise.

"I know, it doesn't make much sense and I'll answer whatever questions you have later. But right now, I need to get a plan ready. Don't worry though, we'll handle it. Why don't you go upstairs and study?"

I nodded, running up the stairs as quickly as I could.

"Aren't you wondering why?" a voice asked, my fingers tensing around the door as I was shutting it.

"Wondering what?"

"About your arm. You're not crazy. It was there, it was most definitely there. But you'd be surprised what we can do when we work together." I felt fingers drifting over the skin on my arm covered by my sleeve, over the bandage.

"Why would I ever want to work with you?"

"Because you need me. And I need you. You see, we're not that different you and I. Dare I say we're almost similiar."

"You're a monster."

"And what proof do you have of that? Because I give you nightmares? They'd go away, if you wanted."

"How?"

"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one. Oh no, wait, that's Stiles, isn't it? Your boyfriend's best friend. Quite an interesting pack you've got going on. A Hale, someone who doesn't realize their true power yet, in fact, you have plenty of those. With a bit of work, those Alphas would never bother you again."

"Can you get to the point?"

"Keep talking like that and maybe this will be the slightest bit interesting. You know, some people say it's the hunt predators love, not the prize. I think it's both. Either way, you shouldn't keep me waiting." I heard footsteps as he walked over to my desk.

He hovered his fingers over the piles of books I'd been studying, looking for a way to kill him.

"Cute. If you ever want to learn a little bit more about yourself, let me know."

"Who are you?"

"Sweet dreams, young one."

Author's Note:

A bit of Lilaac and Sophie's dad knows about the Alpha pack!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!!